Punished

Dark

Dark and Weiss are now in Weiss's bedroom with Jacques, endlessly walking back and forward in front of us after Dark's "performance" at the ballroom earlier.

Jacques: Unbelievable! Absolutely unbelievable. Do you have ANY idea what your stunt cost us?!

Weiss: He--

Jacques: And don't think I'm just talking about Lien here! Our reputation! Our... our... (sighs exasperatedly)

Weiss: We both want to leave.

Jacques: I beg your pardon?

Dark:You heard what she said, old man. We don't want to stay in here anymore! We don't want to stay in Atlas anymore!

Weiss: Dark's right!

Jacques: I don't give a damn about what you both want! This isn't about you two! This is about the Schnee family name and your two's apparent insistence on dragging it through a mud!

Weiss: (stands up from her bed) I have done nothing but fight to uphold the honor of my family name, a name that YOU married into!

As Jacques's about to hit her, Dark quickly blocks it with his wrist.

Dark: Dumb move, old man.

Jacques then pulls his hand back and starts walking towards Weiss's bedroom door.

Jacqeus: Weiss, this behaviour of yours choosing your boyfriend is incredibly disappointed. The two of you couldn't possibly understand the lengths I've gone to in order to keep this family where it is. If you're thinking running off with your boyfriend like your sister is going to make the Schnee name stronger. You're wrong. Siding with this man and your sister only divided us.

Weiss: I'm not siding with anyone. I'm doing what me and Dark feels right, and that does not include wasting my time up here with these clueless people in Atlas. (Jacques turned around and ready to leave) The Schnee family legacy isn't yours to leave, it's mine and, possibly, Dark as well. And we'll do it as a Huntsman and Huntress.

Jacqeus: (stopped in his tracks) No... you won't. You won't too, young man. You're not leaving Atlas. You're not to leave the manor grounds unless I specifically allow it. You two are going to remain here, out of sight and out of trouble, until the two of you and I come to an agreement on your future, Weiss.

Weiss: I'm sorry, but what?!

Dark: Hmph.

Jacques: Your presupposition that you can simply have whatever it is you want is a clear sign of our failure as a parents. But from now on, I'll be giving you the full attention you require... starting by keeping you where I can see you.

Dark: Like hell you could keep us both trapped in here forever.

Jacques: Oh, I could. And the staff here will make sure of it.

Weiss: So now the two of us are just your prisoner?!

Jacqeus: Weiss, you are my daughter. You're a child, and children are grounded when they misbehaves.

Dark: This is going to make things worse, old man. People will ask question about Weiss! They'll want to know why the heiress of the Schnee Dust Company is suddenly nowhere to be found!

Jacqeus: Which is why she's not longer the heiress of the Schnee Dust Company.

Silence fills the room as Weiss's reputation were taken by her father like it was nothing.

Weiss: W-What?

Dark: Why?!

Jacques: Clearly, the trauma she endured at the Fall of Beacon was too much for her. Which is why she've generously revoked her claim the the company and its earnings and passed them on to her brother, Whitley. It's time to wake up and face reality, Weiss.