A Much Needed Talk

Daniel

It is now nighttime and they all are now camping in the woods after the fight against Tyrian ended. Qrow also got his wound bandaged. He's drinking his usual flask before looking at the others.

Qrow: Really? No questions?

Jaune: Of course we have questions. This is just... a lot to take in.

Qrow: Sure. Of course.

Ruby: So these... maidens, they are powerful fighters that don't need Dust to use magic.

Qrow: Yeah.

Nora: And there are four of them?

Qrow: Yup. Always.

Ren: Which means that, whenever one of them dies, the powers transfers to someone - a female - that they care about?

Qrow: Whoever was in their last thoughts. Important distinction. Best option: It's someone we can trust. Regardless, their souls become... combined, in a way.

Jaune: And that's what you were trying to Pyrrha. The night the tower fell. You were trying to turn her into one of them.

Daniel: Jaune, let Qrow explain.

Jaune scoffs as Qrow continues.

Qrow: The previous Fall Maiden, Amber, had been attacked. She was young, inexperienced. And her assailant, who we know as Cinder, somehow managed to steal some of her power, but not all of it. We were afraid that if we didn't do something, the rest would go to her as well.

Jaune: So you forced it into Pyrrha.

Daniel: Jaune, there's no one saying that Qrow forced Pyrrha into becoming the next Fall Maiden. She made her own choice. Wasn't you there with her?

Jaune stands up from his wood bench and walks away from the others.

Ruby: That guy, Tyrian. Why was he after me and Daniel?

Qrow: Well, it is because of your silver eyes. Its a rare trait but contains an enormous powers within the Silver Eyes. That's why when you activated your Silver Eyes back at Beacon, it makes a powerful foe gets all mad at you because of it. That's why I decided to follow you. To make sure you safe... all of you. Why he was after Daniel is still unknown.

Daniel: Probably because she wanted to see how far I can go.

Ruby: Then, why didn't you or Daniel just told us that you was following us to make sure that we all safe? And also, why don't Uncle Qrow just travel with us? It seems like that would be a much easier way.

Jaune: He was using you as a bait.

Qrow: Look, I wouldn't put it like that: It's... complicated.

He turned around and faces Qrow with a stern look.

Jaune: What is all of this? Ruby and Daniel's being haunted, the schools are being attacked, all for what? What is the point of all of this? Will you just tell us what's going on?!!

Qrow: (sighs) Would you sit down? You're stressin' me out, kid.

Jaune sits down with an angered and annoyed look on his face.

Qrow: Not many people are super religous these days.

Daniel: You tell that to other people.

Qrow caps and sets the flask down.

Qrow: This world's been around for a long time, long enough that people have created dozens of gods. But if you believe Ozpin, two of them are actually real.