No Safe Haven

Daniel

A sound of fighting could be heard as the scene opens up with Daniel, who's now dodging the Grimm's attack as he's firing off some energy blasts toward the Grimm. As the Nuckelavee screech in pain, he start flying back toward the others. After the smoke is clear, the Grimm known as Nuckelavee comes into view, twitching its various body parts. It sends out a shockwave roar that causes all four teenagers to flinch except Daniel. The Grimm looks at the five students and turns its head to look at Qrow and begins running towards him.

Ruby: UNCLE QROW!!

Hearing Ruby calling out for her uncle, Daniel rushes towards Qrow and picks him up. The Nuckelavee lashes out with one of its arms, able to extend it at a far reach. As the arms are close enough to Daniel and Qrow, they both vanishes which lead to the arms to strike the dead sakura tree down instead.

Daniel:Ren, now!

Ren uses his Semblance to hide Qrow from the Grimm, which is looks about in confusion.

Ren: Just get him to safety!

He nods to Ren and start walking away with Qrow while the battle resumes. He then sets Qrow down behind a building and start looking at the wounded Qrow. As he looks to his group at the battlefield, Qrow grabs him by the hand, confused by his action.

Qrow: Aren't you going to help them?

Daniel: Not yet. I still need more time.

Qrow: Heh, I'm now starting to think that you aren't just crazy, kiddo. (coughing)

Daniel: Right now, I gotta do one thing.

He closes both of his eyes and starts meditating in mid-air.

Qrow: Oooohh, got it.

Team JNRR

The Grimm is using its arms to grab hold of each of Jaune's teammates, but is continually distracted by the fire of the next one.

Jaune: Guys, keep moving, go in a circle!

The team follows this plan, and Ruby gets distracted when Jaune sheaths his sword after landing a strike.

Ruby: What are you doing?

She smiles when she realizes that Jaune is using his upgraded Crocea Mors to land strikes on the beast. The fight continues and Ren ends up pinned to a building by a Nuckelavee extended arm.

Nora: Ruby!

Ruby nods, and she uses Crescent Rose to launch Nora in between Ren and the Nuckelavee's would-be fatal strike with its other hand. Magnhild is pinned to the building above Ren, with Nora dangling from it. Ren looks up at Nora.

Nora: (pulling her skirt to hide herself) Stop looking!

Ren: (covering his eyes) Ah-ugh.

Nora grins to herself.

The Nuckelavee flings Nora around until she is knocked to the ground with her Aura depleted. Ren uses StormFlower to give himself leverage to pull the Nuckelavee hand off of him. He repeatedly goes after the creature, exhibiting reckless behavior, his eyes wild.

Jaune: Ren! Knock it off!

Ren ignores him and ends up on the ground beside Nora, separated from StormFlower and his Aura also depleted. The two partners rise together, Nora first. Ren's eyes are only on the creature, and Nora tackles him and drags him under a building.

The Nuckelavee advances, but Jaune blocks it with Crocea Mors. Ren attempts to rejoin the fight but Nora holds him back by the wrist, her head down.