Two Steps Forward, Two Steps Back

Sleek

A spar is now happening between Yang and Sleek as Yang rushes towards him with a swift punch to his face, but he dodges it effortless. From the sidelines, Taiyang is also watching the fight with Zwei on his side. Even he was in awe as he's watching the fight between his daughter and Sleek as he smiles to himself proudly. Sleek notices him and smirks as well, which lead to Yang punching Sleek on his face, but he managed to caught her fist at the last seconds. With that, both him and Yang decided to take a break from sparring as Yang sits on the ground, panting.

Yang: Come on, Sleek! It's been a week and I couldn't even land a single hit on you.

D. Sleek: Well, I just wanted to spend my time together with you.

He went towards her and lift her chin up, facing him.

D. Sleek: Also, you're close.

Yang: Oh, really?

D. Sleek: Yes. Like Taiyang always said; You're still off balance.

Yang: What? No, I'm not!

He chuckles to himself and pats Yang's head.

D. Sleek: Okay, Yang. Taiyang, wanna take my place?

Taiyang: Sure!

Yang: I thought it would be just this huge weight, but it feels... natural. They did a great job with this thing.

She said as she looks at her robotic arm when Taiyang suddenly comes in, delivering a left hook right into her face. Yang's upper body rears back both from impact and surprise. She's ready to block his right hook, however, and uses the turning momentum to deliver an elbow jab. Grinning the entire time, Tai blocks it and then dodges all the kicks she follows through with. Yang switches to punches, but Tai is too on point for her. While she uses her left hand to block an elbow thrust, Tai has grasped her robotic arm and pulled it forward. The position puts Yang in the position of having her balance rely on the weight of one leg.

Taiyang: And for your information about what were Sleek was talking about; I wasn't talking about your actual balance.

He sweeps her forward leg, sending her onto the ground on her back. He leaves her there and walks over to Zwei and Sleek, who happily gets the top towel for him as Sleek offers him a soft drink.

Taiyang: Although, that could use some work too.

Taiyang takes the towel and give Zwei a rub on the top of his head while Taiyang takes the drink Sleek offered to him before. Zwei hums happily. Arms spread on the ground, Yang takes a breath before speaking.

Yang: Meaning?

Taiyang: (toweling off his sweat) I saw your tournament fights. During the Vytal Festival.

Yang: Let me guess. (in mocking accent) "I was sloppy."

Taiyang: No, no, you were predictable. And... stubborn. And... maybe a little boneheaded.

Yang sits up and spins to stare at Taiyang.

Taiyang: Do you realize that you used your Semblance to win every fight after the qualifiers?

Yang: (spinning to have her back to him) So what? How is me using my Semblance any different than someone else using theirs? Like Sleek! He dosen't have any semblance. He just uses his raw power to beat his opponents.

Tossing the towel on the ground, Taiyang moves toward Yang.

Taiyang: Because not everyone else's is basically a temper tantrum. (laughing and crouching by her side) I'm serious! Once you take damage, you can dish it back twice as hard, but that doesn't make you invincible! It's great when you're in a bind, but what happens if you miss? What happens if they're strong like Sleek? What then? Now you're just weak and tired! You've always been one to burn brighter than everyone else, whether it was with your smile, or, well, I remember your first haircut.