Chapter #2

Hanna (D.Va)

*KNOCK KNOCK*

The door in front of me slowly opens, revealing a short brown haired girl.

<OVERWATCH>
LvL: 24 HANNA (D.Va)

"Sup, weeb."
"Nice to see you too."

I push past her into the large house. As my mind races.

'LEVEL 24? WHAT THE HECK!!!?!'

I drop my bag next to her couch and fall onto it. She shuts the door and follows me into the living room.

"You okay?"

I nod.

"Hanna,"
"Yeah?"
"Something weird is happening to me..."

She scoffs.

"Puberty?"
"No."
"Then what?"
"I think, something happened to me."

Her eyebrows lower and she gazes over my body curiously.

"Like what...?"
"This morning when I woke up, my life started playing like a game.."
"Like a game?"

I nod.

"I can see name tags, with titles and levels, I have an inventory and a status window."

She sits on the couch next to me.

"...amazing."
"Amazing?"
"Amazing!"

I look at her curiously. She just smiles when met with my gaze.

"Winston sent out a nuclear wave at 5:00am this morning. It was a wave sent out from a machine he made that uses nuclear energy and Electromagnetism to jolt peoples brains."

She tilts her head at me.

"Go on..?"
"The wave was supposed to awaken people with special abilities. Such as Reaper."
"So...?"
"I think you, have the ability to live life as a game..."

. . .

After moving everything into the new house, and celebrating my birthday with my family. Hanna and I went to the Overwatch facility building. Upon entering the elevator she looked at me.

"Hey."
"Hey?"
"You said you had a skill that lets you observe people's status, right?"
"Right...?"
"So do it on me."
"What?"
"Do it on me."
"Okay... observe."

Hanna (D.Va)
Title: OVERWATCH
Profession: OVERWATCH
Level: 24
HP: 200/200
MP: 50/50
Stats:
STR: 11
AGI: 24
DEX: 13
WIS: 15
INT: 15
LUK: 9
Skills:
["Mech Control" lvl93 [(Active)]
The user is able to use a mech. The higher the level the better they can use it.]
["Seduction" lvl23 [(Active)]
The user becomes very influencing. The higher the level the more persuasive they are.]

"So?"
"Uhh..."

I scratch my forehead.

'A seduction skill?!?!'

"Well you're level 24, you have good stats, and you have to skills."
"What are they?"
"What?"
"The skills! What are they?"
"Well, the first one is mech control, it is at level 93."
"Cool, and the other one?"
"The other what?"
"The other skill."
"Uh, it's a s-seduction skill.."

Hanna snorts. She laughs loudly in the elevator to the point when she falls on the floor and rolls around. The elevator dings, and the door opens, revealing a large Gorilla. I squeal and fall backwards into the wall. Hanna sits up, she looks at the Gorilla; then back at me. She then starts laughing once more, slapping the floor, and rolling around.

"H a n n a."

A deep voice comes from the gorillas mouth, it sounds like it's going in slow motion. I scream once again. Suddenly though, midway through my scream, my body stops, a deep breath comes through my mouth and I am no longer scared.

A new skill was created!

["Gamers Mind" [(Passive)]
The user will never get stressed, this skill also blocks all mental illnesses.]

A new skill was created along with the skill: [Gamers Mind].

["Gamers Body" [(Passive)]
The users body is stronger than that of a normal persons. His/her body is immune to illness as well as a heightened regeneration speed.]

'Dope, new skills!'

I then remember the situation I'm in.

"I'm sorry I scared you, my name is Winston, I am the leader of the team known as Overwatch."

I blink, then dust myself off. I walk forward, and shake his hand.

"I'm sorry I acted so rudely, I just didn't expect you to have such a... stature."

He nods.

"It's alright, your reaction was better then others have been."

(Winston reminisces of the days when he was chases with pitchforks.)

I sigh in relief. Hanna stops her laughing fit and jumps up to her feet rather quickly.

"So, Hanna, what did you need to talk to me about?"

Hanna wipes the tears from her face.

"The wave you sent out this morning."
"What about it."

Winston shakes his hand.

"Let's move somewhere a bit more private first."

Winston leads us down the large hallway, we stop at a metal door, which slides open revealing a second metal door, which slides open revealing a third metal door. This also opens revealing a large space filled with technology. At the window in the back of the room, there are two couches. Winston leads us to them, and has us sit.

"Okay, what about my wave, what happened?"

Hanna unwraps a lollipop and puts it into her mouth.

"It worked."
"It worked?"
"It worked."

Winston jumps out of his chair and throws his long black arms into the air.

"It worked!"

He quickly sits back down.

"So, what happened?"

He asks and Hanna just points towards me.

"I-uh well, I woke up, and my life is playing out like a game."
"Like a video game?"
"Yes."

He scratches his chin.

"So you have stats and levels?"

I nod.

"Yeah.."

Winston sighs, he picks up a book and flips through the pages quickly, he then drops it and reaches out my hand.

"Milo Tanaka, I'd like to recruit you to Overwatch."

WORDS: 908