Cheater

"So your power, you can live your life as if you were a video game character?"

I nod, as I shove some more food into my mouth.

"Yeah basically"

I mumble through my full mouth.

"So then how are you not very strong already?"

I look at him and stop putting food in my mouth.

"It takes time, I have to grind for XP to level up to get stronger."

"It doesn't seem like that to me. In a game, if you want to level up, you do one of two things. 1. You quest and grind experience to level up. Or 2. You optimize a system that constantly supplies you with experience, in which you rarely have to do anything."

He squints at me and stops chewing his food.

"You've done that, right?" 

I smile awkwardly. 

"I uh, didn't really think about doing that..." 

he raises his eyebrows and his eyes open widely. 

"so, you're saying that you're a gamer, and you didn't think to make an experience farm?"

"well, I've never really played grinding games, so I'm really not used to the XP system, the only games I've played even kind of like this are Minecraft and Rift..."

I suddenly snap my fingers.

"That's it! In Minecraft, the main source of experience is killing monsters, and people exploit this by making spawner farms, which spawn monsters and kill them, giving the player XP. I have these things called dungeon keys, which put me in an alternate reality where different levels of monsters spawn a lot, I could exploit that!"

He smiles and nods approvingly. 

"Go, then." 

I ruffle my eyebrows.

"What?" 

He sits up and points at the corridor at the end of the room. 

"Finish your food, then go down that corridor until you find a room labeled "experiment" it is a wide room, in which you could start figuring out your XP farm." 

He pushes his chair out with his feet, then stands up. He grabs his coat off his chair and whips it before putting it on. 

"When your done do whatever you want. I hope you remember how to get back to your room?" 

I nod at him. 

"All right then, see 'ya." 

And with that, he left. He turned away and left. I sat there for a couple of minutes, and then a lady brought me a plate of food. I quickly ate it, then I got up, and got ready to go. I started to walk down the long hallway, looking at every door to make sure I don't miss it. After about 2 minutes of walking, and a couple of weird looks from passing people I find a door with a label reading "experiments." As I walk up to the door, it slides open with a hissing sound, revealing to me a wide-open room. It has a blank white texture everywhere, and the ceiling has bright white light panels installed all along it. I walk to the center of the room, and the door hisses and shuts again behind me. 

"Inventory." 

A screen appears in front of me, and I pull a key out of it. 

"OGRE DUNGEON KEY

I stick the key forward into the air, and my hand is suddenly stopped, I then turn the key sideways, and a clicking sound is followed by the room around me slowly changing. It changes to a grassy plain, and slowly ogres start to appear. 

'How should I do this..." 

I remember my creation skill, I wonder if it can create structures. 

"create wall." 

"Insufficient access.

"Insufficient access? wtf does that mean?.." 

I scratch my head for a second. 

"Create workbench." 

Suddenly a table materializes in front of me it has a blue empty piece of paper on it. I stand over it and start to draw out what I want my mob grinder to look like. When I finish my basic designs, I set down the pencil and I am immediately met with a screen.

"Would you like to build: "unnamed structure"?

I hit yes, and the paper lifts up and then burns quickly, the ashes swirl into the air, and spread out, creating the shape of my design, then the ashes light on fire, and with a fell swoop, the fire goes out, and instead, I see my building. The basic design makes Ogres spawn in the roof of the building, and then it pushes them down into a small hole, making them stuck, from there I can make a summon to easily kill them. 

"I summon thee, spirit of air, fight for me, and kill my enemy." 

suddenly a small child wearing white clothing, and a white turned around baseball cap, with black jeans, and black overalls appear in front of me. 

"You called?" 

I nod. 

"I have a basic, but rewarding job for you. I'm offering 25% of the XP we get, as well as any drops from these Ogres, and all you have to do is sit here and kill the fallen Ogres. 

He looks at the structure, and then back at me. A grunting sound makes him look back at the structure, where you see the feet of a fallen ogre, the ogre yells and bangs at the contraption trying to break free to come to kill us. 

"I'll do it." 

I shake the summons hand, and then he turns and slices his hand across the air. The ogre's body suddenly disintegrates, and XP pours out to me and him. 

"Alright, have fun then." 

I take the key from my belt, and stick it into the air, it clicks, and my hand stops, I turn it, and then the grassy world disintegrates around me, revealing the white room once again. I see XP go into my experience bar, and I smile. 

"Alright."