11: Buying Slaves

Chapter 11: Buying Slaves

Zexel was meticulous in her restaurant. She personally want to pick a lot of people in slave market so she went there.

After a while when she was walking along the market. She saw a lot of rich people who wants to buy slave in this area.

She was finding a suitable people for her restaurant. But in particular, a group of female slave caught her attention.

"You all wanted to escape huh! You will all never have your own freedom!" A man with a whip shouted to a group of female while they are whipping them each.

But what she likes to this group of female was the fact that even if they are experiencing the pain from whipping, she cannot hear any complain, crying or even begging.

She went to the man and grab his whip before he can continue to beat the females. "I'll buy them all stop beating them," she coldly said.

From mad expression, the man become polite to Zexel as he bows to her. "Just 30 bronze coin each, Miss. They are the lowest kind of slaves here in the market so you can have them in the cheapest price. Their cultivation innate was all unable to cultivate," the man explain while having his fake smile.

"How about, 1 Silver coin each. But the condition is, you'll add another 15 cheapest male slaves here. The low innate cultivation the better," she fakely smile to the man as Zexel saw the happiness in the mans eyes.

The man was so ahock but couldn't hide the happiness in his eyes. If he can complete this transaction, he will gain a lot of coins since the conversion of bronze coin to silver coin was really huge.

1 bronze coin is equal to 1000 small bronze coin. 1 silver coin is equal to 1000 bronze coin. 1 gold coin is equal to 1000 silver coin and 1 big gold coin is equal to 1000 gold coin.

Every month, Fan Lihua's father was giving them 5 Big gold coin so Zexel did not mind if she use a lot of silver.

There are 15 female slaves in the group. 30 bronze coin each which means 450 bronze coin in whole. But Zexel offer to buy them one silver per person so it will be 15 silver. If you convert in bronze, it was 15,000 bronze coin. If the man gives Zexel another 15 male slaves that is also 30 bronze coins, he will still have 14,100 bronze coin added to the whole price of the 30 slaves.

"Then prepare the servitude paper," she coldly said. The man panic and immediately flew inside the slaves store.

She went to the 15 females who's giving her a death glare as if they will do everything they could just to escape.

"All of you..." Zexel stare them without emotion.

"This Lady's name is Fan Lihua, but this Lady want all of you to call me Zexel," she said first. She sit in her legs not minding if she got dirty because of this.

"After this Lady buys all of you, this Lady will give you two option," Zexel open up her point finger and fold the other 4 finger indicating of one.

"This Lady will let you all escape after we reach the entrance of the Slave Market. But this Lady will not give you anything," Zexel can see thr happiness in their eyes. After the years of their misery, they can escape not.

"Or you will all pledge your loyalty to me and as the rewards, this Lady will help you all to cultivate, to become strong and to aquire a skills you can use in the near future. This Lady will not treat you badly just for your loyalty," Zexel know that everyone will choose the latter. She has a firm word and she will really treat them equally.

In the Ancient Era, people in Slave Market are mostly people who experience misery in life. So she knows that this place, many people will be extremely loyal if you let them have their own choice.

Most of the people here have only a simple dream, and that was to escape or to have a good Master.

"This Lady will promise all of you," she geniunely smile to them making everyone dumbstuck by her beauty.

After a while, everyone kowtow to her. "We will pleadge our loyalty just let us leave this place," a certain female spoke for everyone. She can guess that it was the culprit for their plan in escaping.

She accept their pledge and let them stand as she stand. After a while thr man with the whip a while ago went back with the 15 male slaves that he promise.

They are all tied with a rope and Zexel can see that they are all in state of malnourishment.

"Here is the 15 male slave you want. And this is the servitude papers of all," the man gives her a silver small chest and when she open the silver chest, she saw the servitude paper so Zexel close it and let them go to the big carriage she bring.

A half Shichen[1] past, they reach the entrance so she let the carriage driver to stop from the side. She plans to make a weather panel car in the future since it was one of her hobby in her past life. She use to make cars manually so she knows that she can do something here in the Ancient Era so everything will be convenient to her.

But for now, she needs to endure using carriage for her travel.

She climb down and went to the other carriage and talk to all of them.

"Perhaps the girls already told all of you about the things this Lady told them a while ago. We are now in entrance so you can go outside to take your freedom," she smile to them and open the door of the carriage widely.

A minutes past and everyone just stay inside. "So you all decided, lets go to your new home," she said and go back to her carriage.

--*--

1: Half (Bàn) Shichen (半时间) -half hour ancient time one hour in modern time

Let me know your thoughts or if I did some grammatical error or typos.

Ybrehl