22: Cancelling the Engagement

Chapter 22: Cancelling the Engagement

Zexel already receive her reward. Most of them was accessories and clothes. It did not even caught Zexel's attention since she was a creator of most of the unique design of Jewellery and clothing.

The Banquet was almost finish and Zexel saw the Empress expression that something was wrong. It seems like she done something but it failed.

The Empress take a permission to the Emperor that she already want to be on her chamber.

Zexel decided to follow her and saw that she talks to one of a palace maid.

"Why did that bastard seems like he did not eat the poison? You told Bengong[1] that you put the poison in the meals of that Feng Zhengying Bastard?!" The Empress was fuming mad to the palace maid who's kowtowing to her while trembling.

"Nubi did what you told Nubi to do. Nubi don't know what happen," Zexel did not have an interest to continue the conversation since she already know that the Empress has an evil intention to her man.

She will not let her to succeed.

She go back to the main hall and saw the crown prince kowtowing in front of the Emperor.

"Imperial Father, your son requested to cancel this son's engagement to the trash Daughter of the Prime Minister. This son wants to marry his fifth Daughter and become my first wife. Your son ask to grant his wishes," the fury in her heart begun to rise.

Although she already know that the Engagement will be cancelled, it was still not appropriate to humiliate her sister in front of everyone.

"Why did Zhen needs to grant you your wish?" The Emperor use his serious tone making everyone quiet. Zexel stared to Fan Yaoli and she saw her crying while staring to the Crown Prince with a pain on her eyes.

"Your son is the Crown Prince of this Country. Your son is also the number one genius to the whole Pingjing Country so naturally, this son is not fitted to be with the number one trash of the Pingjing Country. This son belongs to the number one female genius in our country," Feng Guan Xi said.

"Your highness, is that a good reason to humiliate my sister in front of everyone? Just because she was unable to cultivate?" The cold voice of Zexel linger to everyone's ears making them chilled into their spine. When the crown prince met Zexel's eyes, he can't help but to fear her as if she can kill him in a second.

"Your Highness, Crown Prince, you can discuss this thing privately to your Majesty the Emperor if you really wanted to cancel it. But why did your Highness, Crown Prince choose to let people to know about it? What is your reason? Perhaps to humiliate my sister? Don't yout Highness not even think that my Sister is a Di Daughter of the Prime Minister and she represent our Manor and my Father. Humiliating her is equal to humiliating my Father," nothing seems wrong to Zexel's word because everyone knows that a Di Children represent the Manor. Losing the face of the Di Children is equivalent to losing the face of the whole family.

Because of the sharpness of Zexel's word, the Crown Prince can't even refute. Making Fan Qinyou to hate Zexel even more.

The title was almost within her grasp but Zexel manage to take it away from her.

"Your Highness, you're not fitted to become my sister's husband. This lowly one hopes you will not regret your decision right now and shamelessly follow her soon," everyone was stunned to what Zexel said. Even her Father rise his fury but Zexel did not mind it.

"Your Majesty, This lowly one personally wants to cancel my Sister's Engagement to the Crown Prince and grant my Fifth Sister and him an engagement that cannot be broke no matter what circumstances will happen in near future. For my Father's Pride, this lowly one ask for granting it," although Feng Guan Xi had his goal complete and succeed but he was humiliated by Zexel.

He thought that his plan is already perfect.

"If thats what you want, prepare the Imperial Edict," after a while, the Eunuch stand up and open the scroll.

"By the absolute power of the Emperor, the Engagement between the Di Daughter of the Prime Minister, Fan Yaoli and the Crown Prince, Feng Guan Xi, will now be cancelled. The Engagement between the Fifth Daughter of the Prime Minister, Fan Qinyou and the Crown Prince will be granted. From today onwards, this arrangement will not be change even within the power of Emperor in near future and even under a special circumstances. Approved by the highest power in the Monarch," the eunuch read thr imperial Edict then the Emperor sealed it with his Dragon Seal.

Feng Guan Xi, Fan Qinyou, Zexel, and Fan Yaoli kowtow to the Imperial Edict.

That was also the sign that the Banquet ended and everyone in the main hall was starting to go home. Zexel tried to talk to Fan Yaoli but Fan Yaoli refuse to see her because she doesn't want her sister to see her in her state of pain.

She knows that her sister just lessen the humiliation she got by the way she spoke for her. Ever since her Sister started to stick with her, she always take a risk just to protect her.

Zexel let Fan Yaoli escape a lot of punishment using scheme and avenge her everytime Fan Qinyou wanted to frame her or beat her.

She knows that her sister was just worried to her thats why she let the Emperor cancelled her Engagement to the Crown Prince. The only things she held for the Crown Prince.

"Li Jie-Jie his not worthy to you. Please talk to me, you will met much better guy than him," Fan Yaoli heard her sister but still she continue to walk.

Fan Yaoli also heard her Father calling her out of fury. But still Fan Yaoli walk much faster until an unexpected event happen.

--*--

Ybrehl