Chapter 8ight

"OH MY GOSH!" BEC SCREAMED. "But, you're, like, innocent and shit."

Ryan had burst out in laughter and covered his mouth while Alex just shrugged like he already knew.

"Come on, Bec. It's not something huge. Everyone's watched porn in their life," Alex commented, disappointed.

"But it's disgusting!" I countered.

"Then why did you watch it?" Ryan asked me trying his best to keep himself from laughing.

I looked down and played unconsciously with my fingers. I should've known telling them something like this would be stupid. "Well, I was watching this one movie online-"

"On an illegal website?" Ryan interrupted.

"Illegal?!"

"Yeah. I'm guessing you got one of those ads with them big-boobed women holding dildos and-"

"Yes, those kinds of ads. And I skipped it right away!"

"So, you watched porn... by accident?" asked Alex.

Nodding, I shamefully and quietly mumbled, "Mhmm."

Bec jumped on me and gave me a hug. Keep in mind Ryan was still seated between the two of us so he'd basically just been squashed by her.

"I knew you wouldn't do that on purpose!"

"Yeah yeah, now would you get off my cousin?" Alex walked towards Bec and dragged her off the couch. "Up up up!"

Bec lazily stood up and straightened her top. "Jealous much?" Bec asked playfully.

"Nah, I just wanted a place to sit now that Ryan took my spot."

Alex sat where Bec had been and left Bec standing with her arms crossed on her chest. Eventually, she plopped onto Alex's laps and fidgeted. Alex looked uncomfortable but he knew he deserved carrying all of Bec's seventy-kilogramme body.

Ryan turned to me and laughed awkwardly as the two of them started to kiss each other. "I think we should, like, leave them at it?"

I nodded and stood up to follow Ryan. He walked a few strides through the narrow hallway outside the living room and into a room.

The room wasn't much but it had a TV and an average bed in it with white floral wallpaper all over the walls.

I sat on the bed and looked around the clean room then at Ryan who was right behind me. He pushed the door almost to a close leaving it slightly open.

"Welcome to the guest room!" He introduced with much vigour. "A.k.a my temporary room."

I looked at him as he sat beside me. He leaned back to place his hands behind him.

"Y-you think it's good leaving those two alone?"

"Yeah, trust me, Alex wouldn't do more than kiss Bec to death. We Dimentis believe in sex after marriage."

I nodded. "Oh. Good."

I let my eyes wander again when the TV turned on suddenly. I looked back at Ryan whom I saw holding a remote in his hands.

"You could watch some TV if you want and I'll try finishing up my assignments-"

"Oh yeah. You're in university, right?"

Ryan nodded and stood up from the bed. He headed to a desk in the corner of the room where there were a bunch of papers and stickers. A laptop was on top of the desk as well as a red pair of headphones.

"Can I see?"

"What, my assignments?" Ryan asked as he laughed. It was then that I noticed that he loved laughing. He was always so excited about stuff. Is that how he makes people like him? It's so easy for him to be open whereas I have to be so awkward and shy to people.

Ryan noticed my silence then took out a paper and handed it over. "Physics, am I right?"

I still kept quiet and observed the paper full of notes and questions about Physics. My eyes widened at all of it, confused by how much more I had to learn about the damn subject if I ever decided to continue with it in uni.

"Looks...tempting-"

"You're doing better at talking to me today."

I stiffened and let go of the paper involuntarily. It dropped to the ground like a light feather, swaying from side to side on its way down.

"Um..."

"You wouldn't even look me in the eye during the game when I spoke to you--apart from the time I insulted your favourite team, of course."

"Yeah well, I try my best-"

"I like you Jamie. You're really interesting."

My brain buzzed like it was giving me a warning sign. I started to tremble and I felt really really sick. How could he say that so casually?!

Ryan's eyes widened as if he'd realized he said something bad. "Oh shit! I don't like you in that way. I mean, you're good and all but...um...you're just so shy and well, it interests me how determined you are about the things you like."

I eased and trembled a lot less. "Thank you," I managed to say after some time.

"You don't have many friends, huh?"

I bent down and picked Ryan's paper, then handed it back, stalling my obvious answer. "Well... I like not having many people in my life."

Ryan nodded and sat by his desk. Without as much as a gaze at me, he placed his headphones over his head. I awkwardly stood there, waiting for any other question or statement he might say...

"Do you have any guy friends? Beside Alex and me, of course."

His eyes were still glued on his desk as he asked. I also noticed that he'd mentioned himself as one of my guy friends. I hadn't really thought of that, but I guess he's my friend now. I mean, he considers himself as my friend.

"I...Maybe... Well... Okay, I wouldn't say he's my friend, but in... relationship-wise... terms, he is my friend. We've never spoken before though... I don't know."

"Did you need any help being his friend like you did with Alex and me?"

"Bec forced me to-"

"Bec?" Ryan said and then paused for a bit. "You're really dependent on her. I'm guessing you're friends with Alex because he's her boyfriend. And you're friends with me because I'm his cousin."

I nodded honestly but was ashamed at how true it really was. I was being too dependent on Bec and it's not good. Yeah, at times it's benefited me, like trying out for basketball with her, but at other times, I feel like I can't breathe without her.

Ryan turned to me and smiled his signature closed-eyes smile. "University sucks and if you're this shy, around guys especially, people will take advantage of you. I think you should start off with trying to know that guy friend of yours more without any help from Bec."

"Yeah. I should."

"Yeah. And don't hurt people's feelings next time by refusing to sit next to them, okay?"

I giggled softly. "Yeah, why not?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah..."

_____________

Yeah!

Two more chapters are going to be out today!

Stay tuned dummies. (But, go vote and comment first.)

CIAO!

My Kissing Buddy | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें