Chapter t20enty

"HOW CUD U?! LYK SRSLY?!" I pressed the send button and proceeded with typing another message. "ur such a stupid idiot nd i dong.. *dont.. want 2 be friends anymore! i mean, was it hard to just say u wrnt cmin???"

"Jay, are you done ordering?"

I looked up at Bec for a few seconds and her smile faded into a straight line. I cussed inwardly as I pretended to smile but I knew well and good she'd already seen my I'm-fucking-angry face.

"Give me your phone," she demanded.

"Bec-"

"It's been two days and you've sent him like one million texts!"

"Well, that's because he isn't replying to me!"

Bec sighed and insisted on me giving her my phone by holding out her palm. "Give it!"

"No."

She crossed her arms over her chest and rose an eyebrow at me. "Fine. Then text him sorry and that you didn't mean any of what you're saying."

"Why should I-"

"Jay, you're being a child and I'm not liking that."

I rolled my eyes and angrily opened up my chat with Jayden.

"Okay fine. I'll do it.."

im not sorry just so you know, I typed and hit send.

"Done?"

I nodded at Bec. "Done."

"Why are you acting like this anyway?"

"Me?" I questioned angrily. "Well, I..."

I don't know...

All I knew was that I really didn't mean to send any of those mean things to Jayden, but he just disappeared. He didn't come to the game. He isn't replying to texts and he wasn't at school yesterday. And it made me angry.

Yeah, I wanted to say sorry, but I was just mad and I believed that--my stupid self believed that he really didn't want to speak to me after I'd sent all those texts so what's the harm in sending a few more?

I noticed Bec leaning closer to me with her eyes becoming wider. "Well...?"

"'Well' what?"

"You were going to say why you were acting so bratty."

I looked around and tried to stall but knowing Bec, she wouldn't believe anything I say. All I can say is that that dumb crush I had on him might be the reason why I'm feeling like this and my blood boils because I don't know whether Jayden's okay or not.

You don't just leave people in the middle of the night without saying anything after that, texting anyone or coming to school! That's not right!

Bec shook her head and handed me a small Moonbucks menu. "Order something and we'll head straight to school then."

School was more annoying than I'd imagined today. Well, at least I didn't have any other stressful basketball games coming up. The rest would be normal friendlies if I'm not wrong. The boys' team had won after a gruesome match. The game ended in a tie too and Hawkins, the boys' team captain, got one shot in during overtime.

Everything in school was pretty normal since then, except Jayden's disappearance of course. Alex himself wasn't so happy about his new bestie going awol.

It was after my Geography class that I reached for my phone and stared at the blank screen. I saw my bored expression staring back at me and I wasn't happy at all, I was feeling guilty. After my realization, I unlocked the phone and searched for Jayden in my contacts.

"im sorry. fr this time." I hit send and looked at the text. It felt too plain and short. Sighing, my thumbs glided over the screen and started to tap at more letters. "i never meant to say so many bad things. were still friends. i hope.."

Would he even reply?

I groaned loudly and held up my phone in anger. I squeezed it and pondered the thought of throwing it on the ground as hard as I could but then I couldn't do that, my mum would freaking kill me. Instead, I called him.

Beeeeeep. Beeeeeep. Beeee-

I heard the soft sound of static. It was as if the phone was being rubbed against fabric. "Jayden?"

Suddenly, the sound became breathing. Breathing that was heavy and unrhythmic.

"Jayden, you there?"

"Jay-"

He sniffed and then cut the call.

"What the hell?" I whispered to myself. "Was he crying?"

Something in me twisted and I felt even more guilty. My eyes stang with tears yet I wasn't really feeling sad. Then I realized that those tears weren't caused by my emotions but his.

I pitied him.

__________

Short chap? Too bad for you!

Okay, I'm sorry, but there wasn't much to write in this chap anyway. Plus, I've posted a chap just an hour ago, so DOUBLE UPLOAD! YAY!

Now, read and enjoy. Vote and comment. Feed the birds!

CIAO!