Chapter e18hteen

WHEN I WOKE UP THE following morning, I felt like I hadn't slept in years! I was mostly stressed out about today's game and basically freaking out about it.

Alex, Bec and I agreed to wake up by eight and get to school in time for the game which was to start at midday, and, of course, when it was time, Bec and Alex weren't even awake!

We have four more hours, Bec said. We won't be late, she said. Stop being stupid, I said and you couldn't blame me. I'm supposed to be there earlier than anyone else because I was the head captain.

When I walked into the living room, I noticed someone sleeping on the couch. Noticing how tall he was by the simple fact that he could barely fit on the couch I knew it was Ryan. I walked up to him slowly and poked him gently. He jumped up and breathed out in cruel exhaustion. I wouldn't be too happy about sleeping on such a small thing either.

"Oh my fucking-" I stepped back as soon as Ryan sat up. When he saw me scared shitless and staring at him, he sighed and rubbed his eyes lazily. "I am so sorry Jamie."

I would say I wouldn't mind, mostly because the fact that he actually cussed was the thing that scared me, but I was too frozen in place to even reply.

"Gee. Sleeping here is such a pain!"

I eased. "Why were you sleeping here then?"

Ryan sighed and stood up from the couch as I heard the sound of his joints popping, making me cringe. "Alex and Jayden were playing video games until two a.m and I couldn't get much sleep."

I instantly felt uneasy again. Alex was supposed to get enough sleep before the game. That's our coach's number one rule!

"I'm sorry about those two Ryan, I-"

"No, it's no biggie. I like Jayden. He's made you stop being so shy and he's a good friend for Alex."

I smiled involuntarily. "I barely even noticed that I've become more talkative with guys."

Ryan nodded with a wink and stretched a bit, walking around the living room before he could walk all the way to his room.

The first thing I noticed after Alex woke up was that Jayden was already gone. Apparently, he went home sometime during the night, which I should point out is definitely dangerous for him. Alex didn't even notice that he was gone until he woke up and found the sleeping bag beside the bed empty.

Thinking of Alex, Bec comes to mind. I mean, how could she tell me that she might break up with her boyfriend after a good successful five-month-old relationship?! Of course, I advised her not to do it so soon or break his heart before the game. God knows the poor guy will be too devastated to play, not to mention that he had barely slept!

Once we all ate breakfast at about nine o'clock, we were finally ready to head over to school. Funny how excited I was about going to school on a Saturday.

The car ride to school was quiet and awkward, not for Alex, of course, because, ironically, he was the only one who didn't know about his own break-up with Bec. I tried to keep things less awkward by talking about the game, and I'd say it worked.

My mind had wandered off to thoughts of Jayden, hoping that he was safe. Why would he even leave when he knew we'd all be going to the game together...unless...he wasn't really coming in the first place.

I took out my phone at some point during the car ride and stared at it, hoping to see a message or at least see the screen light up with Jayden's phone ID on the screen stating that he was calling but that didn't happen.

Reluctantly, I started to text him. "ur cming ryt?"

I pressed 'send' and placed the phone against my chest then closed my eyes. I could feel my throat and chest squeeze up and I was confused. It wasn't even all that important if he came or not, but something nagged me about it.

He's not coming, is he?

_____________

Move! Short chapter coming through!

Sorry if the chapter was short, but I'm also not sorry because this is the second chap I'm posting today! I gave you a double upload, so don't be too greedy!

Don't forget to vote and comment, dummy!

CIAO!