Epilogue

I PARKED AT MY FRONT driveway and stayed in the car for way too long. Work had taken a lot of my energy that day and I felt like I had to take a serious nap before doing anything else.

I won't lie when I say I missed New York, but I wanted to stay close to my family. It didn't mean that I didn't cry when Riley and I had to say goodbye to each other. I had never cried like that ever since the last time I saw Jayden.

I tried closing my eyes to sleep for a couple of minutes, but I couldn't. The car was making these weird noises every few seconds, so I sat up and stared at the steering wheel. My hand came down on the poor steering wheel but hitting it only made it worse.

The car was old; seven years to be exact, and I couldn't bring myself to buy a new one.

I groaned angrily and hit the steering wheel again. Hitting stuff usually fixed them sometimes so it wouldn't hurt to try. It's not like I'll break it any more than it already was.

The noises stopped for a while and I resumed my quiet nap. I should probably head into the house and sleep there, was what my mind was thinking, but my body wanted to sleep until time itself ended. Furthermore, the thought of walking in heels one more time just made me lazier.

I heard a knock on the window and I woke right up. Great! I can't even get one wink of sleep.

I rolled down the window and stared angrily at the person outside.

"Hey!"

My eyes widened and I got out of the car as fast as I could.

"Oh my gosh! What are you doing here?!" I asked as I pounced at Dee with a huge hug. He was taller, more muscular and his jaw-line looked sharper. There was a slight shadow of hair growing under his bottom lip and another above his upper lip.

"I came back this week from uni and heard that you moved back to Liamswood."

I felt tears sting my eyes. I missed this stupid boy.

Pulling back from the hug, I ruffled up his hair. I noticed how tall he's become, just as tall as me! Well, I'm wearing heels...

I walked towards my house and unlocked it after locking the car doors. Dee followed me quietly and looked around.

"Damn, fancy much?"

"Yes. Most of the things in here are from Lucci and Gouis Muitton."

"Really?!"

I laughed and gave him a vase that was standing by the door. "That's pure plastic and zero per cent fancy. Got it from a flea market."

Dee nodded and placed the vase back after examining it. I looked at him and smiled but he just put his hands in his pockets and sighed.

"Listen, Jay." My smile faded as soon as I heard his dull tone. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well..." Dee shrugged and turned back towards the door then closed it. "The last time you were at Liamswood-"

"I'm okay Dee."

He sighed again and started to walk around. "Now, that you're back, we can go visit Alex. He never left town you know."

"I don't know Dee-"

"Come on! You and him were close; you, him, Bec and Jayden."

I flinched and stared dead into Dee's eyes. But I knew I wanted to see Alex so bad for old time's sake...