Chapter 6

Courtenay arrived at the airport. She was excited to see Luke. It's been a week since his appointment. No results yet. But today was the day she was going to give him the potion.

When she met him at baggage claim, he looked extra scruffy.

His hair was sponged perfectly. His hair was trying to escape from underneath his snapback. His goatee was thicker than usual. He wore a nice shirt and skinny jeans with a leather jacket.

He hugged Cocoa tight when he saw her. He gave her a kiss on the lips.

She deepened the kiss.

"Girl we are in public," he said when they pulled away.

"Who cares? I missed you."

On the car ride to her crib they had a singing battle.

She won of course. She sung Whitney Houston songs, while he sung Gerald Lavert songs.

Back at the crib, they sat at her kitchen table devouring the pulled pork sandwiches she made.

After they finished eating, they walked to her sofa and he pulled out a piece of paper from his wallet.

She walked to him and sat on his lap. He hugged her tight and said, "I have something for you."

"What? You better not say your dick either."

Luke laughed.

"Naw," he said.

He passed her the paper, and she opened it. It was the results from his test.

He didn't have gonorrhea, chlamydia or herpes. Based on the results, he didn't have anything.

"So why was your dick hurting?"

He said, "The doctor has no clue. They said to contact them if I hurt anymore."

"When was the last time you had sex?" She inquired.

"Two months ago," he said. And it was the truth.

"So you were seeing me and fucking another girl? We've been talking for three months."

Luke cleared his throat. He knew he was about to get grilled.

"It was two girls. But I strapped up both times."

Courtenay got off his lap. She shook her head in disbelief.

"Why are you here? Do you really want to be with me?"

"Cocoa," he said grabbing both of her arms as he looked into her eyes. "I had sex two months ago. I tried to have sex two weeks ago, but I didn't because I thought of you. Also, because my dick was hurting. I'm telling you these things because I don't want any more secrets between us. I still come and see you because what we have is authentic. I have not had this type of connection with a woman in three years."

She looked him in his eyes. She wanted to beat herself up. She knew they were  meant to be together, but he had so much baggage.

She had some too, but she said, "Here on out. Let's talk about it. You spoke the truth, I did as well. Let it out." 

He kissed her on the lips softly. She hugged him tight. She crawled right back in his lap, and said, "I love this. This is growth."

"Yes it is," he said.

He kissed her forehead. Things were going to change from now on. The next morning, Courtenay woke up with a smile on her face.

She did because Luke's arms were secure around her body. And she could feel his morning wood on her backside.