Chapter I

Chloe and Beca had known each other since they were in middle school, well, more like they knew one another existed but they never had a conversation with each other and had never been in the same class. They just knew that they attended the same school and they saw each other around the school. It had been like that since they were in junior year. However, Chloe had a crush on Beca since they were in freshmen year and yet, they still didn't talk and didn't have a class together but Chloe developed her crush on Beca when she saw her performing in one of their school events as a guitarist in a band. As hard as it was, Chloe brushed off her feelings because she knew Beca was straight, though Beca didn't have any boyfriend and Chloe just assumed that she was straight but as years went by, her feelings for Beca kept getting stronger.

In their junior year, they finally had one class together and they occasionally talked to each other if they needed to but there wasn't much else than that. Whenever they talked, it was about the schoolwork and even then it was bland and short. During class, Beca was her usual, grumpy, and badass self and Chloe was the same, bubbly, optimistic, and happy self but unfortunately, that only irritated Beca. She wasn't sure why but she didn't think about that. There was something about Chloe that annoyed Beca beyond words.

"I seriously don't understand why you like her so much," said Aubrey as she walked with Chloe to their next class.

"She's just so hot and badass," Chloe explained. "I don't exactly understand why I'm attracted to her either but I just am. We can't control who we fall for."

"I suppose," Aubrey shrugged. "Are you going to ask her out then?"

"Ask her out?" Chloe repeated, shocked. "No, I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because she's straight."

"Straight?"

"Yeah."

"How do you know?"

"I... I just know."

"Well, you may want to think again."

"Huh?" Chloe stopped in the hall when she noticed Beca Mitchell making out with a girl.

She had no idea who the girl was but she had blonde hair, blue eyes, and was a tiny bit taller than Beca. She was beautiful and she looked like she belonged on the cheer squad. Chloe felt her heart leap into her throat at the sight.

"Chlo, are you okay?" Aubrey checked worriedly.

Chloe was at a loss for words. Her entire time at school, Chloe was sure that Beca was straight but there she was making out with a girl right in front of her and Beca wasn't holding anything back either. She was kissing the girl as if she'd die tomorrow and the girl was more than willing to let Beca do what she wanted.

"Ah, y, yeah. I'm fine," Chloe cleared her throat and forced a smile at her best friend. "Come on, let's go to class."

"Okay."

Chloe and Aubrey walked into their classroom, getting their books and pens ready. Their teacher walked into the room and began the class but all Chloe could concentrate on was Beca. The redhead had no idea that Beca was into girls. She was sure that she was straight since she was pretty close with Jesse Swanson who CLEARLY had a crush on her. Chloe thought they were dating and she wasn't the only one either. A lot of people in the school thought they were dating but some people knew the truth such as that girl who was making out with the tiny brunette in the hall.

Chloe was at a complete loss for words but she wasn't complaining about her newly found information. It was actually quite a relief knowing that Beca liked girls. Chloe wasn't sure if Beca was solely into girls or if she swung both ways but it didn't really matter to Chloe. She was just glad that Beca was open to being with girls but that in itself opened up a broad spectrum of questions such as, did Beca have a type? Did Beca only go for brunettes? Blondes? Redheads? Did Beca like the popular group of girls? Did she like skinny girls? Curvey girls? Did she like nerdy girls? All of these questions Chloe wanted immediate answers. She wanted to know everything about Beca.

"Chloe? Chloe!"

"Huh? What?" Chloe jolted when Aubrey nudged her side.

"Come on, it's lunchtime."

Chloe looked at the clock on the wall and noticed her fellow students packing up.

"Oh, yeah. Of course." Chloe gathered her things and followed Aubrey out of the classroom.

"Please don't tell me you were thinking of Beca the entire time," Aubrey begged.

"She likes girls, Bree. Girls. I had no idea."

"Neither did I but I can't say that I'm surprised."

"You can't?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Well, she gives off that vibe, you know? It's hard to explain but she does."

"I'm going to ask her out."

"What?" Aubrey choked.

"I'm going to ask her out. I know it's a bold move but now that I know she likes girls..."

"Chloe, I don't think that's such a good idea..."

"Why?"

"Well, because you might get hurt and I don't want you getting hurt."

"That's sweet, Bree but I think I'll be fine. Plus, I've seen how she looks at me. I notice those things. We've been caught staring at each other many times. There's something there - I know it."

Aubrey went to speak but she saw the glimmer of hope and determination in her friend's eyes.

"Alright then. If that's what you want to do then who am I to stop you?"

"Thanks, Bree."

"You know if you two start dating, she's going to get the best friend talk, right?"

Chloe giggled. "Yes, I know."

"Good. Nobody hurts you and gets away with it, especially that midget."

"You're so mean to her."

"I can't stand her attitude, Chlo. I seriously don't understand why you like her so much and not to be a downer but whenever she talks to you, she isn't exactly nice. It's almost like she's annoyed whenever you speak to her."

"That's just her badass persona - she does it with everybody."

Aubrey pursed her lips. She didn't know Beca overly well but she did know that Beca spoke poorer to Chloe than to anyone else. She wasn't sure why but she knew that Chloe deserved better than that and hoped that Chloe would be careful when pursuing Beca.

"If you say so," Aubrey uttered.

Chloe nodded confidently. "I do."