Chapter VII

If Beca didn't hate Chloe before, she sure as shit did now. Chloe's parents and Beca's dad met up one afternoon and spoke about Chloe's pregnancy. Mr. Mitchell was appalled at his daughter and apologised for her behaviour on her behalf, regardless if Beca wasn't sorry. They had a long discussion and eventually came to a conclusion even though Mr. Mitchell wasn't entirely happy about it but he needed to teach his daughter responsibility. They knew that Beca wasn't going to like it but that was the consequence of having unprotected sex. So, Beca, Chloe, and their parents were gathered in the living room at the Mitchell household. Beca didn't want to go downstairs but her dad dragged her there.

"No fucking way! I'm not doing that!" Beca protested once Mr. Beale explained the arrangement.

"Beca Mitchell!" Mr. Mitchell shouted. "You watch your mouth!"

"I'm not doing that!"

"Yes, you are! You need to learn how to be responsible!"

"Why the fuck do I need to suffer?"

"Because this was your doing just as much as hers. I still can't believe that you were so stupid. Beca, we talked about having safe sex and the first time you have it, you do the opposite of what I taught you."

"I was drunk!"

"That doesn't matter, Beca! You should know better!"

"I don't want to do this," she pouted, crossing her arms.

"Well, too bad. You made your bed now you lie in it."

Beca huffed and Chloe's parents were not at all impressed and neither was Chloe. She was quite embarrassed seeing Beca react that way. Chloe's parents were completely dumbfounded by just how immature Beca was and they had a hard time understanding why Chloe liked her so much. Chloe was too good for Beca but they had to learn to work together in order to grow up and raise their baby together whether they liked it or not.

"So, Beca," Mr. Beale continued. "Chloe will live with you and your dad. You will look after her and make sure that she has everything she needs."

"This is shit! Why do I have to do this?"

"Because you got my daughter pregnant and you're going to be responsible one way or another!" He snapped. "Just be thankful that I haven't kicked your ass from here to Kingdom Come, alright!"

"Whatever..."

Mr. Beale clenched his jaw, trying not to snap completely.

"Beca," Mr. Mitchell turned to his daughter. "Get up and go into the kitchen."

"But I don't-"

"I don't care what you do or don't want! In the kitchen NOW!"

Beca huffed and stormed into the kitchen with her dad following.

"You are being so rude, disrespectful, arrogant, and completely selfish," he stated.

"I don't fucking want this!"

"Tough shit! You knew this would happen if you had unprotected sex. What did you expect to happen? That Chloe would just leave you alone? That she'd get rid of the baby? That life would go on? I know you're not that dumb, Beca."

"I don't want this baby."

"I would be very surprised if you did but this is where you need to grow up and mature. That girl is carrying your baby. Your BABY, Beca. I can't believe you told her to get rid of it!"

"I didn't tell her to get rid of it. I said that I didn't care what she did."

"That's just as bad, Beca. Do you have any idea how hurtful that is? Do you have any idea of what that girl is going through right now? She is scared, vulnerable, and all she wants and NEEDS is support not only from her parents but from YOU."

"I don't want this baby, dad. How come when I say that I don't want it, I'm an asshole but if Chloe decides that she doesn't want it, people support her?"

"Because she's carrying it, Beca! She has to grow a human being inside of her, birth it, and raise it! That's a big responsibility! It's easy for you because you don't have to deal with motherhood like that. When a woman grows a baby, they automatically share this bond with it - a bond that the other parent doesn't have and will never have. Your mother had it with you."

"Don't talk about mom."

"I will talk about your mother whether you like it or not because you need to hear this."

Beca sighed agitatedly.

"She loved you before you were even born. She loved you before you were even a damn fetus! Chloe may be scared but she doesn't want to get rid of that child because it's growing inside of her and you have no right to say what she does with her own body. She might not think it now but she's already in love with that baby because it's HERS and you should love it, too because it's YOURS. It's such a shame that you don't see it that way and it disgusts me that you have such a lack of regard and care for the situation."

Beca huffed and crossed her arms.

"Now, you're going to get your ass back in there and listen to what the Beale's have to say and I don't care if you like it or not. You're a part of this and you're not just going to walk away like you do when things get tough. I won't let you. Let's go."

Beca rolled her eyes and re-entered the living room and sat next to her dad.

"Sorry about that, Mr. Beale," Mr. Mitchell said. "Chloe will live with us. Beca and I will make sure to arrange Beca's room so it's suitable for both of them."

"Good. I expect Beca to get a job to support her family and to be there for them. I also expect Beca to make an honest woman out of my daughter as well when they get older."

"No," Beca shook her head. "I'm not marrying her."

"Beca!" Mr. Mitchell snapped.

"I'm not!"

"Go on, Mr. Beale."

"They will live together and support each other. Beca will provide for Chloe and step up to look after her."

"Alright," Mr. Mitchell nodded. "Sounds fair enough to me. How does that sound, Chloe?"

"Alright, I suppose. It would be nice for me and Beca to get to know each other more." Her tone was light and hopeful.

"Yes, I couldn't agree more," Mr. Mitchell smiled at Chloe while Beca continued to pout.

She hated her dad, Chloe, and Chloe's parents. She didn't want this but she had no other choice and Beca knew it was going to be a long and painful road.