Chapter X

After endless calls and texts to Chloe without getting an answer, Beca knew it was time to pull out the big guns. She was scared but she knew she had to do the right thing before it was too late. So, trudging up to the Beale household, Beca pressed the doorbell. Everything in her was shaking but she knew she had to do it.

"Beca?" Mr. Beale frowned. "What are you doing here?"

"Is Chloe here?"

"She doesn't want to talk to you or see you."

"I know but I need to see her. Can I?"

"No. Absolutely not. After the way you treated her and her daughter, that's the last thing you can do."

"Please, Mr. Beale! I know I messed up but I want to make it right with Chloe."

"Beca?" Chloe's voice appeared behind her dad, making him step to the side.

"Chloe..."

"What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you."

"I've got nothing to say to you."

"Please!" Beca pushed the door back open when Mr. Beale went to shut it.

"No, Beca! You can't just come here and expect me to listen to what you have to say after everything you did to me!"

"I know I don't. I don't deserve anything but please, Chloe, let me talk to you. I want to make things right between us. I know I was an asshole and I'll say it every day if I have to but let me talk to you. I'm sorry."

Beca was begging Chloe to let her in and even though Chloe was angry at her, she could tell Beca was genuine. She hadn't seen that look in Beca's eyes ever since they slept together that night.

"Alright," Chloe sighed. "I'll listen."

"Chloe, you don't have to," Mr. Beale told her. "Don't let her pressure you."

"I won't, dad. She's the mother of my child. She deserves me to listen."

Mr. Beale pursed his lips but respected his daughter's decision.

"I'm watching you, Mitchell," he growled as he let Beca enter the house.

"I know."

Beca walked inside and sat across the couch from Chloe, waiting until Mr. Beale left.

"I don't have all day, Beca," Chloe snapped.

"Right, sorry..." Beca fiddled with her fingers. "I really don't know where to begin, Chloe. I... I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. I'm sorry for being an asshole. I'm sorry for neglecting you and the baby. I'm sorry for not being there for you. I'm sorry for saying all of those awful things to you and I'm sorry for making you cry because of me. I'm sorry for all of it, Chloe. I really am."

"Why are you saying this?"

"Because... not having you there... at home... with me... I... I miss you. I miss you not being there for me and looking after me. I miss that."

"You mean you miss cleaning up after your ass, making you dinner, and putting up with your shit?"

"No! No, it's not like that. I know I was an asshole to you but in that, I could see how nice you were and how caring you were. You cared about me so much I couldn't understand and I still don't. I... I did want to sleep with you that night, Chloe. Part of me regretted it since I wanted to wait but I also didn't regret it as I said I did. I remember our night together as if it happened yesterday. I... I've always liked you, Chloe, and I know that sounds ridiculous but it's true. Why do you think I was such a dickhead to you? Hell, I even made sure that I was playing at the party that night in case you decided to come. I don't know why I did that. I think I just wanted to impress you..."