Chapter V

Chloe was sleeping comfortably, tucked away into Beca's side. Both girls were sleeping deeply from their wild night before. It was a beautiful night for Chloe where she lost her virginity to her crush and even better, her crush lost her virginity to her. Even though they were drunk, Chloe loved every second of it and hoped Beca reciprocated those feelings.

Unfortunately for Chloe and Beca, Chloe's parents came home early from their trip due to bad weather and Mr. Beale wanted to see if Chloe was home so he went into his daughter's room and was met with a rude shock. Mr. Beale had no idea Chloe was into women but more importantly, Chloe was naked as was Beca.

"Chloe Anne Beale!" Mr. Beale spoke in a raised voice, which made both girls startle.

"D, dad!" Chloe shrieked, covering herself. "I, I, I thought you and mom were away?"

"We were but the weather took a turn for the worse and now, I'm glad that it did. Who are you?" He asked, glaring at Beca.

"I'm Beca," the brunette answered groggily, already feeling the aftermath of her drinking.

"Did you have sex with my daughter?"

"Ah... I think so..." Beca rubbed her eyes and turned to Chloe. "We did, didn't we?"

"Yes, babe."

"Babe?" Mr. Beale repeated. "Are you two dating?"

"What? No, dude!" Beca protested. "No, we just hooked up at a party. We drank then came here... I think that's how it went anyway."

"Hooked up? Did you use my daughter? Get out of my house NOW!"

"Daddy!" Chloe begged.

"OUT!"

"Alright, alright. Chill..." Beca went to get out of bed but accidentally slipped, revealing her secret to Mr. Beale who quickly became enraged.

"What the fuck is that? Get out of my house now, you disgusting human being!"

"Daddy! Please!" Chloe was now crying.

"Whoa, what's going on up here?" Mrs. Beale raced into Chloe's room and did her best to calm her husband while Beca threw on her clothes and darted out of the room within seconds.

"Daddy, please don't do anything!"

"You had sex, Chloe while you were drunk!"

"She didn't force me into it! I wanted it, too! I led her on!"

"I don't want to hear it, Chloe! I cannot tell you how disappointed I am in you. Did you know she had a... you know?"

"No," she shook her head. "I didn't know until last night."

"I'll kill that fucking-"

"Roger!" Mrs. Beale snapped. "You need to go downstairs and calm down. Chloe, get dressed then come downstairs. We need to talk about this."

"Okay." Chloe wiped her eyes and watched her parents leave her room.

Chloe sat on her bed for a few moments as she tried to process everything. So much happened in such a small amount of time. Chloe just hoped that she wasn't in too much trouble and she hoped that her parents were willing to listen to what she had to say. The biggest challenge of all was Chloe trying to convince her dad not to hunt Beca down and kill her. Mr. Beale was extremely protective over his little girl and everyone knew it. Chloe hadn't seen her dad so angry before and it was rather scary but if Chloe knew her mom as well as she thought she did, her dad would have calmed down by the time Chloe went downstairs. Hopefully...

~

It was Monday and Chloe set out to find Beca first thing. As usual, the brunette was with her friends and she seemed to be acting normal until Chloe approached her.

"Beca, we need to talk."

"Not now."

"Yes, now," she ordered.

The alt-girl sighed with an eye-roll. "Fine," Beca quickly got up and walked with Chloe away from her friends. "You have a lot of nerve!" She snapped, which threw Chloe off guard.

"What? Me?"

"Yes, you!"

"Why? What did I do?"

"Oh, you knew exactly what you were doing - being nice to me, flirting with me, getting me drunk. I knew what you were doing."

"Beca, I asked you if you wanted to do it and you said yes!"

"I was drunk!"

"So was I but I still made a conscious decision! Look, I didn't come here to fight with you, okay? I came to talk to you about what happened because, believe it or not, Beca, there's something between us and I want to explore that with you."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Are you really making me spell it out for you?"

"Yes!"

"I want to be your girlfriend!"

"Oh..."

"Yeah..."

"No," Beca shook her head. "After what happened, I'm not having anything with you."

"What? Why?"

"Because, Chloe - you led me on. Sleeping together was a mistake and it never should have happened."

Chloe tried to ignore the stinging in her heart and the tears welling up in her eyes.

"Are... are you saying that you regret what happened between us?"

"Yes! It never should have happened! It was a mistake and I wish I could take it back."

"How can you say that? Beca, you wanted me. You told me how beautiful I was and how badly you wanted me. How can you say that you regret it and wished that it never happened?"

"Because I was drunk!"

"You can't use that as your excuse forever, Beca!"

"Yes, I can! Just leave me alone, okay? What happened was a mistake so let's leave it at that and never speak of it again."

Before Chloe could say anything else, Beca left and Chloe burst into tears. She really thought she had a shot with Beca and she felt like a complete fool. That night at the party was the best night of Chloe's life and she really thought Beca would still want her the following morning. Chloe felt as if her heart had been ripped out and stomped all over. Chloe had never felt this level of pain and she hoped that she never had to experience something so awful, especially at the hands of her crush who she was convinced she was in love with.

After school and after countless efforts by Aubrey to try and figure out what was wrong with her best friend, Chloe broke down and told Aubrey everything. Aubrey was heartbroken for her best friend and wanted nothing more than to hunt Beca down and kill her. Chloe convinced her otherwise but Aubrey was going to get her two cents in regardless because nobody hurts Chloe Beale and gets away with it.