Night And Day

A couple of hours ago was the moment when Y/N went for it and told Marnie how he felt for her.

Well, technically it was an awkward two-way declaration of love, but it still worked out in the end.

Now, night had arrived and they had to figure out where they would sleep, as there was only one bed in the room.

Marnie: "I-It's embarrassin'!"

Y/N: "It's not that bad. I think..."

They were at odds as to whether they should sleep together or one of them sleep on the couch.

Y/N: "We're together now aren't we, so I feel like we should already start doing things like these."

Marnie: "I-I-I still have to get mentally prepared!"

Marnie walks out of the room and immediately comes back in, eyes squinting, serious expression intact and hand placed on chin, showing her deep thinking process.

Marnie: "What if you do somethin' to me?"

Y/N: "I wouldn't! I'd ask for your consent first like anyone should with their partners."

Marnie: "Hmmmmm..."

Marnie stands there, thinking hard as this decision is a life changing one.

Marnie: "It is kinda cold at night and I guess someone to warm up with doesn't sound like a bad idea."

Y/N: "Is that a yes?"

Marnie: "Perhaps."

Y/N embraces Marnie in a hug.

Y/N: "Thank you."

Marnie smiles...the best she can.

Marnie: "Your hugs are the best."

Y/N: "What was that."

Marnie: "N-Nothin'!"

——————————————————————————

Laying on the bed, our lovebirds are in what's called an awkward silence.

Marnie: "Why are you makin' this weird?"

Y/N: "I'm not sure."

Silence returns for a while.

Y/N: "Wait. Look at me."

Y/N turns to look at Marnie. Marnie turns to look at Y/N.

Y/N: "I love you. I really, really love you. I'm sure you feel the same."

She nods.

Y/N: "So, let's enjoy these days we have together. We'll be really busy after so I'm not sure we'll be able to get like this."

Marnie nods once again.

Y/N: "And now—"

Y/N pokes Marnie on the nose.

Y/N: "We sleep."

Marnie giggles.

Marnie: "Nice speech."

Y/N: "I try my best."

Marnie: "Hey ummm, Y/N"

Y/N: "Yea?"

Marnie's face gets closer to Y/N.

Marnie: "G'night."

She quickly kisses him and turns around. Y/N smiles.

Y/N: "Goodnight."

Y/N hugs her from behind and they fall asleep. Unbeknownst to him, Marnie had a small smile formed on her face. Her face showing clear signs of happiness, knowing that Y/N was the one that would bring extreme amounts of love and care to her life and she was willing to appreciate him and love him the same way.

——————————————————————————

Sun shines through the window, barely making it through the curtains, but enough to let Y/N know it's morning.

Y/N: "Oh geez."

Y/N was going to wake up Marnie, only to realize she wasn't there next to him.

Y/N: "Marnie?"

He stands up and looks around the bedroom. Marnie was nowhere to be seen.

Y/N walks out to the living room and into the kitchen.

Y/N: "Mar—"

Marnie was in the kitchen, making something, by the looks of it.

Marnie: "G'morning Y/N."

She was wearing her pink dress, with a simple apron on top. Y/N approached her and hugs her.

Marnie: "Oh, this is unexpected."

Y/N: "Sorry, I was a bit worried."

Marnie: "Don't worry. I'll always be here for you."

A statement that struck Y/N like a lightning bolt, but the lightning bolt was filled with love. He had nothing to worry about.

Marnie: "I'm makin' pancakes."

Y/N: "That sounds nice."

——————————————————————————