The Jolly Holiday

Snow on trees, the harsh, freezing wind and snowflakes gently falling from the sky; it was December and nature's touch made the forest absolutely beautiful and fitting for the holiday season.

Marnie and Y/N were just relaxing on the couch in front of the warm, comforting feel of the fire coming from the fireplace. Y/N had his arms wrapped around Marnie's waist, both wrapped in a single blanket, warming each other up. The only sound coming from the fire, as they were slowly dozing off. The silence was not awkward, but soothing.

Marnie: "...What are we goin' to do for tomorrow."

Y/N: "What do you mean?"

Marnie: "Tomorrow's the 24th."

Y/N kisses her cheek.

Y/N: "Right. We could set up a tree with all the nice decorations."

Marnie: "Too late for that."

Y/N: "We could probably start and finish it today."

Marnie looks at Y/N with her iconic, serious, expression, then kisses him.

Marnie: "Too lazy."

Y/N: "Come on, where's the christmas spirit?"

Marnie gives Y/N a bunch of quick kisses.

Marnie: "Where are we gonna get a tree?"

Y/N looks at Marnie for a couple of seconds.

Y/N: "Wait are you—are you actually asking me where can we find trees?"

Marnie: "Yea."

Y/N gets his arm from around Marnie's waist and flicks her nose.

Marnie: "Ouch."

Y/N: "We live in the middle of a forest dummy."

Marnie comes to a conclusion. She doesn't talk, she looks at Y/N, then looks away.

Marnie: "Oh."

Marnie's face slowly turns red, so she uses her arms to cover her face, trying to hide her embarrassment. Y/N kisses the top of her head and pats it.

Y/N: "You're a dummy."

Marnie: "And you're mean!"

Y/N burrows his face in her neck, giving her many, many kisses.

Marnie: "Hey...Hold on...I..."

Marnie's face got even more red.

Y/N slowly starts to run his finger down her face, to her chest, to her stomach, and caresses her legs.

Marnie: "Wait..!"

Y/N stops.

Y/N: "Sorry, went a bit too far there."

Marnie: "It's fine, I just..."

Marnie struggles to speak, wanting to say something but not being able to. Y/N scoots a bit away from Marnie, facing her instead of hugging her like he was before.