Post-Infinite Worlds Collide (Part V)

As rain poured, Y/N and Yang stood next to each other simply staring at the ground.

Yang: "Are you alright?"

Night. Y/N: "I don't know how I feel. I knew this day would come and I honestly thought it would be different."

Yang gets closer to Y/N and puts her hand on his shoulder.

Yang: "Well, at least we saved people, right?"

Night. Y/N: "I guess, but we also lost someone. And the reader is still out there. Maybe I should've..."

Yang interrupts Y/N by wrapping her arms around him. She hugged him with a lot of force.

Night. Y/N: "Hey..."

Yang: "I'm sure he did it so that all of us could live. I cannot bare the thought of losing you"

Y/N pats Yang on the back. Yang doesn't let go.

Night. Y/N: "Come on, let's go inside you're soaked."

Yang still doesn't let go.

Night. Y/N: "Don't worry. Im not going anywhere."

She slowly lets go and looks at his eyes. She starts walking back in the house. Y/N stays outside a bit longer then walks in the house. Everyone was in the living room, Marnie was in her bedroom and Barry and S.M. Y/N were nowhere to be seen.

Night. Y/N: "Father..."

Father Time was on the couch, in pain. He could barely walk after what had happened to the multiverse. He worried about his sister and how it affected her, but he couldn't open a portal to go see her.

Night. Y/N: "How many...universes are left?"

Father Time: "There are...only 18 left..."

Out of an infinite amount of universes, only 18 remained.

Night. Y/N: "Is ours gone?"

Father Time places his hand on his flat clock face and taps it several times.

Father Time: "No...I don't think it is."

F/N: "What about mine?"

Father Time: "I'm so sorry...I wish I could do something..."

F/N looks down and holds her tears. She didn't want to cry. She can't afford herself to cry because she still thinks there is a way they can bring the universes back.

——————————————————————————

SPIKEMUTH TOWN

The Flash stopped running and looked around, not knowing where he was. He feels a gust of wind and turns around, Superman had his arms crossed as he slowly lands on the ground.

S.M. Y/N: "Where are you going?"

Barry: "I don't know...I just thought I could go back..."

S.M. Y/N: "You don't know how to?"

Barry: "I just got my powers. Then Bruce comes in and recruits me and we fight some guy with horns, then some earthquake destroys my earth and it just—it's too much to take in."

Y/N walks closer and looks at the desperate speedster.

S.M. Y/N: "I won't say I understand what you're going through. But I do understand the stress that comes with this job. Its hard to do it but it's worth it because we save lives. We give people hope, because sometimes they need that to keep going, to get out of the darkness that life brings them...hope is the light that lifts us out of darkness."