Four

"Bobbywhat the fuckin' hell, man!?"

        Grunting sleepily as he almost immediately got his ear blown out, the bassist pulled his phone away from his head and squinted as he looked at the screen again. Vaguely able to make out Bret as the contact name, he groaned as he realized what'd just woken him up outta a dead sleep–and why. While it was already around nine in Nashville, it was still only around seven on the West Coast, and no doubt he hadn't thought about the Time difference.

        "Some fuckin' heads-up woulda been nice before ya just tore the band to shreds!" the front man continued before he could even get a word in edgewise.

        "Bret, that's enough."

        Bobby's brow furrowed as he heard the band's drummer in the background before a slight scuffling that denoted him taking the phone from the shorter blonde.

        "He coulda been a bit nicer about how he put it, but yeahsome heads-up woulda certainly been nice, dude," Rikki told him. "What on Earth madeja do that interview, and without telling any of us before ya did it?"

        "And don't say it was just 'cuz ya got engaged," CC chimed in. "By the way, congrats on that part, man."

        "Thanks, guys," he chuckled, still sounding sleepy since they'd woken him up. "Gimme a minute to get outta the bedroom so I don't wake Aerin up."

        The bassist heard murmurs of confused assent as he tossed the covers off his legs and sat up so he could throw them over the edge of the bed. His fiancé let out a soft whine, as if begging him not to leave her, which made him pause with his phone laying on the bed next to his pillow. Murmuring softly, he told her that he wouldn't be gone long, that he'd every Intent of keeping this phone call short so he could come back to bed since he was tired, too.

        In the dim Light cast on the ceiling by his phone, he saw Aerin pout at him adorably, the sleepy look in her eyes clearly begging for a kiss. Chuckling softly, he was happy to oblige by that before getting up to head to the living room, phone in hand as she settled down to go back to sleep. They'd both been tired after a long Day, she more so than him due to her twin pregnancy, which was exhausting.

        "All right, now I'm where I can actually talk without keeping her awake," Bobby told them once he was in the living room.

        "Then let's hear it," the front man growled, clearly pissed by the news they'd no doubt heard by now.

        "'Cuz we know damn good and well it wasn't simply getting engaged that'd make ya do something like this, especially behind our backs," Rikki agreed.

        Sighing, he ran his fingers through his hair. "Well, you're right about that–but Aerin and I agreed not to say anything to anyone who didn't need to know yet, so I don't wanna without her being on board."

        "Wait, what?" the entire trio chorused.

        "Might as well, love."

        Looking up, he saw that his fiancé'd followed him to the living room. "Shit, I didn't think we woke ya up enough to follow me."

        "Y'all didn't, but my bladder did," Aerin giggled as she joined him on the couch. "That part–and just being sick–definitely sucks."

        "Wait a minuteAerin, are ya...?" the drummer asked, his tone screaming that something'd just clicked for him.

        "Am I, what?" she countered, the grin on her face telling her fiancé that she was teasing them Intentionally.