Twelve

Another six weeks passed, and Aerin grew a lil bigger with the twins each and every Day, even though it didn't seem like it to most eyes. It was only a couple weeks after they'd bought the crib and décor sets that her navel popped out from the pressure that'd slowly built up behind it. That gave her husband something elseta torment her with, either by playfully poking it since it usually tickled or by sucking and nipping at it on one of their more passionate Nights.

        The bassist'd Secretly planned a baby shower for his wife, which the guys–including Ash–and their families were invited to. He hadn't told her about it, 'cuz–much like with a bachelorette party before their handfasting–she swore up and down that she didn't want one. Knowing her better than she thought he did, though, he saw how her eyes lit up every Time a baby shower got mentioned.

        On the Morn of the baby shower, Bobby was up quite a bit earlier than the mama-to-be, who hadn't really been able to sleep due to all the kicking and squirming in her middle. It'd taken her hoursta fall asleep after he did, even though he'd kept her up decently late with a couple rompsta help wear her out. Now that she was dead to the World and sleeping peacefully, he fully Intended to let her sleep in while he and the kids were setting up. By the Time they were done with that, he hoped that the first of their guests'd be arriving, giving him a reason to finally wake her.

        "Morn, Bobby."

        Looking up from finishing up the cake decorating he'd been working on, he couldn't help a smile. "Morn, Ash."

        "Hope ya ain't gonna kill Zak for letting me in," the younger bassist chuckled. "He was outside getting something from his car when I pulled up."

        "Nah, better than waking Aerin up just yet," Bobby told him. "Even with a couple romps, she didn't fall asleep till after Midnight last Night, so I kinda want her to sleep in."

        "Damn, really?" he asked, looking a bit surprised.

        "Hey, if you'd two hyperactive aliens calling your gut home, you'd prolly have some trouble sleeping occasionally, too," the older bassist laughed softly.

        "Yeah, I guess that's true enough," Ash agreed. "So, what's on the agenda for today?"

        "Plenty of crazy games before, during, and after present-opening," he answered. "And trust me when I say that some of these games're gonna get kinda crazy."

        The younger bassist was certainly interested, but got cut off by Zak letting the rest of Poison and their families in. Everyone started passing out hugs and other greetings, Rikki saying he'd a few things outside that were gonna take a bit to get brought in. He wouldn't say what they were, but they were big-ticket items the couple'd need sooner or later, but prolly hadn't gotten yet.

        Bobby wiped his hands before getting the cake he'd painstakingly baked and decorated in the fridge for the Time being. His kitchen was an absolute train wreck right now, but with women like Kristi and TC jumping in to help him, it was set to rights in no Time. With the mess he'd made cleaned up, he let Zoe take over to get breakfast cooked and set out so they could all eat in just a short while. That was his cue to go get his wife up, if a kick to a full bladder hadn't already roused her, and make sure she was dressed up a bit while not being over-dressed.

        "Good Morn, sweetheart," he said, rubbing her back as he gently woke her.

        "Mmmph," Aerin grumbled, pulling her pillow over her head. "Lea'meh 'lone and lemme sleep till it's Time for these bratsta come outta me."

        "What–you'd rather miss all the fun today?" the bassist asked with a chuckle.

        "Fun–what fun?" she countered, peeping out at him.