Chapter one

Charlie's POV

I stared at my new school, nervous. Why did we have to move? I sighed and started walking to the doors. I walked into the main office and to the lady at the desk.

"Hi I'm a new student here, my name's Charlotte Brown." I said to the lady.

*look at the camera*

"Yes. My name is Charlotte brown, and yes. People do call Charlie. So basically yeah, I'm Charlie Brown." I said, giving a little smile.

*back to reality in the main office*

"Ok Ms. Brown I have you schedule right here and this young man right here will help you around today." The lady said pointing to a boy that looked a year older than me.

I smiled as I took the schedule, "thanks." I said I walked over to the boy.

"Hi my name is EJ Casewell, I'll be showing you around." EJ smiled holding out his hand for me to shake.

I smiled and shook his hand. "Charlotte Brown, but you can call me Charlie." He raised one of his eyebrows and smirked.

"Charlie Brown?" He asked.

"Yes, but just call me Charlie not Charlie Brown," I said giving him a playful glare, "can we start the tour I don't want to be late for class."

He smirked again and walked to the door and opened it, I smiled and walked through the door, him following.

-time skip to after tour-

"Okay so this is your stop. I hope you enjoyed your tour, I'll see you at lunch." EJ said smiling.

"Thank you for taking me and yeah I'll see you at lunch." I said opening the door to my first class.

-Time skip-

I walked onto the bleached with everyone else, apparently there's a school assembly or something.

"Hey Charlie!" I heard someone yell. I looked around and saw EJ waving me over. I smiled and walked over to him.

"Hey EJ," I said before noticing the girl he was holding hands with, "who's this?" I said grinning.

He chuckled. "This is my girlfriend Nini and her friend Kourtney." He said point to the other girl next to Nini.

"Hi it's nice to meet you." I said to Nini and Kourtney, sitting down next to them.

The rest of the assembly was pretty boring I'm not gonna lie. But me and Nini became really good friends. We found out that there was a new drama teacher, Ms. Jenn and she decided that the play for this year is gonna be high school musical because the movie was shot here. I wasn't really a big fan of plays and stuff so I'm not planning on trying out but Nini asked after if I would go to auditions with her, so now I'm going with her.

-skip to lunch-

"And so I say to my mom," Kourtney says continuing her story for like five minutes now, "looking this fabulous while also fighting for intersectional feminism is my summer job. And that's how I spent my summer break."

"Wow." EJ said looking completely surprised.

"Did I not tell you she's amazing?" Nini said smiling.

"She is, she is amazing." EJ said before turning fulling towards Nini.

I didn't really pay attention to what they were saying because something caught my eye. More like someone.

He had light brown curly hair and brown eyes. He was wearing this jean jacket and staring at EJ with hatred. Omg, I that the Ricky guy Nini told me? The one who broke her heart. Wow I mean the way she described him I expected him to be this ugly Monster, but he's really cute. Wait. NO STOP IT CHARLIE!

I look down shaking my head lightly, then looked back up, and saw that he was staring at me. When we made eye contact he quickly look away and grabbed his bag and started walking out of the cafeteria.

-time skip-

"I'll see you out there good luck." I said to EJ and Nini as I walked into the auditorium. I sat in the front row and went on my phone till it was time for auditions.

Soon enough there were people dancing on stage and let me tell you the girl that had the number one on her shirt was really good. Like really good.

Next they all formed a line as Ms. Jenn gave out roles to audition with.

Some time later it was EJ turn and he was good but a little too confident. I kinda cringed when he winked.

Then it was number ones turn again who's name I learned was Gina. She was again, really good. I looked over to Nini who seem very nervous. Soon it was her turn. She started to walked onto the stage.

"Am I too late? Am I too late!" Ricky exclaimed out of breath.

"We're all set on troys. Low on chads." Mama. Jenn said. "You can read after the Gabriellas."

"I only studied the Troy scenes in the movie." Ricky said. I honestly felt bad for him. He was obviously here to win Nini back.

"Troy would have arrived on time." Carlos said.

"Ok thanks let me do the talking." Ms Jenn said, "okay Nini let's try this again."

"You got this babe, whoo!" EJ yelled making Ms. Jenn spill her coffee making the lights turn off.

"Nobody panic! Nini lets just wait for the lights to come back on. I don't want this to throw you." Ms. Jenn said cleaning the coffee with papers.

"I'm not thrown." Nini said as she started to sing. And let me tell you she was better the Gina by far.

Next it was Ricky's turn. He started to read the chad lines but quickly gave up on them and started saying stuff from the heart.

Then it was time to sing.

"Ok kiddo time to sing." Ms. Jenn said smiling about to play the music.

"Oh no actually if you don't mind I kinda prepared my own song?" He asked.

"Sure."

He grabbed his guitar and started to play a song which I thought was really sweet but little did I know Nini wrote that song for him.

He soon finished and walked off the stage.

"Okay that's everyone!" Ms. Jenn said looking around, her eyes landing on me. "Except you. Your giving me strong Gabriella vibes. What's your name?" Everyone looked at me.

My eyes widen, "Charlie and I'm here for support that's it."

"Can you sing?" Ms. Jenn asked me. I shrugged. "Then show us what you've got!"

"I really can't." I said.

"And why is that?" She asked me.

I sighed looking down at my feet, "I've never watched high school musical before." I mutter looking back up. Some people gasped, I rolled my eyes.

"Well do you know any song by heart?" She asked again. I nodded. "Well than go on and sing!" I looked at EJ who was nodded his head and giving my thumbs up.

I walked onto the stage and looked at Ms. Jenn.
"The song I think I'm good at, it has a boys part in it, it's called There's no way by Lauv." I said.

"Well are there any boys who would like to volunteer." Ms. Jenn asked. I saw EJ slowly lifting his hand up.

"I'll do it!" Another voice yelled.

TO BE CONTINUED!