Chapter 8

Ricky's POV

"Ok it's homecoming. I'm taking Big Red to the dance and I think I'm gonna ask Charlie to the dance. Just as friends. The three of us go and then at some point I'm gonna tell Charlie the truth," Ricky planned looking at the camera, "I'm gonna tell her I like her."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Charlie's POV

I was walking with Gina in the halls. Gina became a very close friend of mine since the day we became 'frenemies'.

"So going to homecoming with someone?" She asked me.

"Um not yet but if no one asks me I'll still go since it's my first homecoming at East High." I said, "are you going with someone?" I asked her.

"I'm going with," she said looking around and then whispered to me, "EJ." I looked at her with wide eyes.

"EJ?!" I exclaimed, "Do you know how much drama this is gonna cause?" I asked her.

"Oh look Ricky's here," Gina said ignoring the question I asked her, "hi Ricky. Bye Ricky." She said leaving the two of us.

"Uh bye, Gina." Ricky said confused. He looked me and smiled. "Charlie hey I um wanted to ask you a question." He said.

"What might your question be?" I asked.

"Do you want to go to homecoming with me?" He asked. My heart dropped. "And Big Red too, if you don't want to I'll just leave." He said but before he could say anything else I hugged him.

"Yes." I said smiling. We broke apart and he had a huge grin on his face.

"Ok." He said as the bell rings. I smiled and started to walk away in the other direction. When I looked back at him he was pumping his fists in the air. He the saw me watching him and stopped and walked away. I laughed and went to class.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran into the house later and walked into the kitchen we're my dads were.

"Hey Charlie how was your day at school?" Pops asked me. I came over to them a kissed them both on the cheek. They gave me weird looks.

"Wait what's going?" My dad asked, the his eyes widen in realization. "Did someone ask you to homecoming!" He asked me.

I nodded. "Ricky did. I mean we're going with Big Red but I'm still very happy."

"Wait you're still not dating him?" My pops asked me. I shook my head chuckling.

"Now if you'll excuse me," I said going up the stairs, "I must get ready." I said running to my room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Charlie's dress:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Charlie's dress:

Charlie's hair: