Chapter 13

Charlie's POV

I woke up and went on my phone I had text from Carlos

😍💛Carlos💛😍: Don't forget party at Ashlyns tonight at 7! 😘😘

I smiled and then went downstairs. Her dads were in the kitchen again getting the rest of the food ready.

"Good morning sunshine. Grandmas gonna be her around 4 so be ready." Pops said cutting potatoes.

I nodded and looked at the time on her phone. 12:00. Well this is what happens when you love to sleep.

I had a quick snack before I went back upstairs and picked my outfit and put aside. I grabbed my speaker and went to the bathroom. I hooked my phone up to the speaker and started playing One Direction.

I brushed my teeth and hair as than hopped in the shower. 20 minutes later I got out and but on shorts and t-shirt. I put my spray in my hair and brushed it out before I blowed it out.

After I sat down in front of my mirror and put on light makeup. I put some perfume on and then finished doing my hair fully and changed into my outfit.

Charlie's outfit:

I went downstairs and it was 3:30

I went downstairs and it was 3:30. Yes I take a
long time to get ready.

"Help dad get the table ready," Pops said. I nodded and grabbed a couple plates as I set them down on the table.

Around 4:15 Pops finished putting the last dish on the table so it was ready for when grandma got there.

Pops phone started to ring as brushed his hands off on him apron and grabbed it. His face changed immediately as the person who called started to speak.

"Pops is everything ok?" I asked due to his change in mood. Dad went over and pops whispering something to him in a panicky way.

Pops took his apron off and grabbed his coat from the chair. Dad followed.

"Hey what's going on!" I yelled grabbing their attention. They sighed as they looked at each other.

"Charlie I'm sorry. Grandmas at the hospitals." Dad said putting his hands on my shoulders.

My heart stopped. I was supposed to see her today. What happened.

"I'm sure she's fine, honey we're gonna go and see ok? I'm sure we'll be back with grandma soon." Pops said quickly. I nodded.

I watched them leave as I took a shaky breathe.
I then walked into the kitchen and sat down.

What if something bad happened? No. Charlie don't think negative think of how see gonna come to your house later and be proud of the rainbow cookies you made for her.

Time passed and it was 5:45 when I got a text.

❤️Dad❤️: Hey you can eat what you want from the thanksgiving dinner. When you done can you put the leftovers away please?