Chapter 3

Charlie's POV

               I was in the dressing room getting fitted next to Nini. Some girls, like Gina would some times glare at us from time to time.

"Ok your done!" The girl fitting me said. I smiled and thanked her as I felt someone staring at me. I turned around a saw Gina giving me a glare. Again.

I sighed a walked over to her.

"Why do you hate me?" I asked her. She shrugged. I rolled my eyes. "It's not like I got Gabriella I got the understudy. And it's not like I wanted to audition in the first place!"

"Exactly! You sang a song and got the understudy! You didn't even have to try and you still got the understudy. Meanwhile I worked so hard. I danced, memorized the script, and sang the right music! And I got Taylor." Gina exclaimed.

I sighed, I felt guilty now. I really didn't try as hard as she did. "Hey! To be honest I always thought Taylor was better than Gabriella." I said, not knowing who Taylor was at all.

"At the auditions you said you've never watched high school musical." She said confused. I cringed.

"You caught me. Look, your right I didn't try as hard as you did. You deserve it more than me. And since I'm the new girl I don't want any enemies right now so if it means that much to you, I'll give you the part." I said while my heart broke a little. Yeah, I didn't expect to be part of the play but when I got the role, and everything started happening, I started to feel welcome. Like I started talking the Big Red, he's really sarcastic but it's very amusing. Carlos and Sebastian became really good friends of mine. I totally ship them, btw. Ashlyn became a best friend to me. She has an amazing voice. Ever since I got the role of Gabriella I've felt like I wasn't just the new kid. It's like I've known these kids for years. It felt like I was part of a family.

Gina looked at me. She sighed. "Look I may have wanted the part of Gabriella or Gabriella's understudy, but I would never steal a part. I trust the decisions the Ms. Jenn makes, and if I'm being completely honest your song wasn't terrible." She said giving little smile

I grinned. "Well if you won't take my role than can we at least be mutual friends? Like no more glares?" I asked.

"Frenemies?" Gina asked, holding out her hand.

"Frenemies." I said smiling as I took her hand a shook it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was walking down the hall later in the day when I saw big red. I smiled and walked over to him.

"Hey Big Red!" I said he looked at me and smiled. I suddenly got a whiff of.... cologne? "Do you have new cologne on?" I asked.

"No, Ricky made me spray like an entire bottle of cologne on him." Big red said. "I'm kind of getting sick of this Nini crap." I chuckled.

"Well it doesn't smell intense, so your fine." I said. Then all the sudden the smell got stronger as Ricky turned the corner. "But that smells intense."

"Ok since your a girl I'm asking you, does it smell good?" Ricky asked me.

"If you didn't use the whole bottle maybe it would have smelt good. Now it just smells like you went into the mall and let 500 people spray you with cologne." I said truthfully. Ricky sighed.

"But hey the smell will wear off soon enough. And if you want to get Nini back there are better ways to do it." I said. Ricky eyes lit up.

"Will you help me?" He asked. I cringed.

"I don't know Ricky," I started to say as i tried to walk away. Ricky grabbed my binder, I sighed, "Ricky give me my binder, I really don't want to get involved."

"Please, please help me I'll do anything." Ricky pleaded. I looked at him. He really was desperate. I sighed again.

"Fine, but you owe me." I said. He grinned and ran to me giving me a big hug. It felt.... nice. We pulled away from each and found ourselves staring at each other eyes. I chuckled and pulled further away.

"Ok so how bout someday after school you'll come over and we'll go over ideas." Ricky planned, and I chuckled. "And maybe we could watch high school musical, since you've never watched it."

I smiled. "I would like that very much."

"Guys we should head to the read-through." Big red said. We both nodded and headed down.

We walked into the place, it was actually pretty cool. I followed big red.

"Yoo hoo, ginger boy, can you read?" Ms. Jenn asked.

"Not really," Big Red responded.

I saw my seat it was in between Ricky's and Ej's seats. I sat down and watched Ms. Jenn give directions.

"Well you're reading now. Just the stage directions. Thank you. Excuse me." Ms. Jenn ordered Big Red. Ricky and I chuckled. Big Red's face was priceless. Everyone sat down.

"Make sure to silence you the phones." Ms. Jenn. I looked at EJ and saw he was glaring at Ricky. I nudged him. He looked at me and sighed.

"I don't like that he's sits next to her." EJ said angrily.

"Well get used to it he play Troy and she plays Gabriella." I said.

"I realize that you all walked in here as strangers." Ms. Jenn said starting the conversation.

"Actually EJ's my cousin!" Ashlyn said happily. EJ just smiled back. I grinned I find my friends personality very amusing. Ms. Jenn just stared at her.

"But after today," Ms. Jenn continued, "you're a family," I looked at EJ who gave me a soft smile than looked at Ricky who also gave me a smile, "one tribe, committed to lifting this classic film to new heights."

Ms. Jenn was than cut off again by the sound of Carlos taking a picture. Me and Ricky started laughing as Carlos put his sign that says choreographer back on his desk. Ms. Jenn looked at us.

"Sorry" we both muttered. We looked at each other and broke out into grins.

"Please take your neighbors hands." Ms. Jenn asked. I took EJ hand, and as I took Rickys hand shocks went across my hand again. We quickly let go, and chuckled. Ricky slowly grabbed my hand gently and held it. I smiled at him. I felt EJ squeeze my other hand. I looked at him and he looked at me and then looked at Ricky and Nini who were holding hands. I rolled my eyes and squeezed his hand hard to tell him to stop being dramatic.

"Feel each other's energy. Let the silence speak volumes. In world full of no, this is a space full of yes." Ms. Jenn spoke. I was shocked, that was actually a pretty good pep talk.

I saw Ricky look at Nini trying to smile. But she just looked over to EJ and smiled. Wow, low blow. I squeezed Rickys hand to comfort him. He smiled at me.

"We're all in this together," Ms. Jenn sang as Nini took her hand away from Rickys and started to pretend write, "once we know that we are, we're all stars, and we see that," Ricky just held my hand tighter in reassurance. I felt bad, I mean Nini my friend and every but, she kind of being a bitch.

"We're all in this together. And it shows when we stand hand in hand, make our dreams come true.." Ms. Jenn finished. Ashlyn was the only one that clapped. We soon all parted and started warm ups.

Me and Big Red looked at the screen in shock.

"Did we just join a cult?" We asked together.

TO BE CONTINUED!

(Sorry I haven't posted in awhile I've been on vacation. But promise that I'll keep updating. I have a few ideas for the next couple of chapters :)