Chapter One

Tony turns up on Sunday, at lunchtime, with Pepper Potts at his side. Neva glances at them both when she finishes serving a customer. Pepper waves slightly but her eyes are looking around, because for first times, just like Tony had been, they are kind of overwhelmed by how...festive it is, but it's beautiful too. Neva nods for them to take a booth in the corner, Tony nods and motions to the coffee machine whilst giving her a look. She smirks and nods knowing just what he wants from her.

..........

Pepper slides into the booth first, followed by Tony who looks to her in question, wanting to know just what she thinks of this place. Pepper takes a breath and looks around before nodding.

"This place is....intense," Pepper tells Tony. "I mean when you said Christmas themed I expected like...a tree and some lights but this is...."

"Like an elf threw up?" Tony asks her, Pepper chuckles and nods.

"Yeah, that's...exactly what it is" Pepper agrees but she does actually like it. Tony doesn't usually do anything for Christmas, too many bad memories, so Pepper ends up working and misses out on festive cheer and magic. Neva sets a coffee in front of them both and Tony raises an eyebrow at it.

"It's just coffee" Neva assures him. "Black...no added festive cheer" Tony smirks and nods. Neva sets a corkboard against the seat across from the two of them and takes a breath. "So...I mocked up an idea," she tells them. "If you're ready" Tony nods and motions for her to go ahead. Neva lifts up a corkboard, pinned to it are pictures and sketches and ideas. Tony's eyes flicker over it, Pepper looks surprised but impressed at the level of detail that has gone into three days work. She really has outdone herself.

"Floors yours," Tony tells her as he sets his arm over the back of the booth. "Impress me" Pepper slaps his chest and shoots him a look. Neva takes a breath and nods. She can do this. She is Christmas.

"There is a quote from The American magazine, vol. 28 from 1889 that I love" she admits. "To give up one's very self – to think only of others – how to bring the greatest happiness to others – that is the true meaning of Christmas." she recites. "So to me...Christmas, at its core, is about charity, family, wonder, fun, and magic" she explains to him, her eyes bright and excited. "So...how would you feel if you and the Avengers...instead of throwing a party, volunteered time at a party arranged for orphans?" Tony raises an eyebrow at her, then nods a little.

"Well, I can certainly see the press gobbling that up" he offers. "Avengers giving back and all that...especially after the mess we made"

"That Loki made" Pepper corrects.

"It's not like we helped with the clean up" Tony adds. "Not that some of us didn't try" He adds remembering Steve Rogers' very vocal argument with Fury about hitting the street and helping, Fury assured them that his people were on it. And Shield did its part, but they all felt a little....useless after the fact.

"And imagine them seeing Santa Tony handing out gifts" she adds giving him a look.

"I don't really have the figure for it" he teases patting his stomach, Pepper smirks and shares a look with Neva.

"It's just an idea" Neva assures him. "It doesn't even have to be you" she motions to something on the corkboard. "They'll be candy, lights, snow, costumes, maybe even a reindeer or two" she adds.

"Ooo..." he smirks at her.

"Elves and....music...and bells, and an ice rink...and" she sighs softly and smiles warmly. "Wonder"

"I like it," he tells her. "I would never have thought of the orphans, and I should....." she gives him a small smile.

"I already checked with them, and they told me that funds are so low this year that they couldn't even get a tree, so they were open to the idea of someone doing anything for them" he looks at her surprised. "I thought that....the Avengers could maybe..."

"Yes," he quickly tells her. "Yes, we'll...do something, anything, the other will love that, just send a list or a time and place, anything you need to Pepper" Pepper nods at his side.

"We'll make something happen" Pepper agrees. "No child should go without the holidays" Pepper then leans closer. "Quick little thing; can I ask about the snow globes?" she asks. "Where did you get them? They're so beautiful"

"I...made them" Neva admits. "I make all of the..." she motions around. "Decorations and the hampers and the toys"

"Wow," Pepper breaths. "How do you find the time?"

"Well, my father owns a workshop and I have January to November to make my stock before the store opens for the season...." Neva shrugs as if it is nothing. Pepper leans closer to Tony, setting her hand over his.

"I love her" Pepper admits. "Can I hire her as my assistant?" Tony smirks a little as Neva blushes and looks down.

"What else you got?" Tony asks her as he leans forward. "Miss Christmas" he teases, Neva smirks and nods knowing she's got this in the bag.

"How do you feel about...yetis?" Tony raises an eyebrow at her before sharing a look with Pepper.

................

Neva shakes the snow globe in her hand, her eyes sparkling at the prospect of going home, it feels like it's been so long, it always does. She loved the North Pole. And everything about it. She takes a breath and then leans closer to the decoration.

"North Pole" She breaths against the glass, the image inside the snow globe changed to an image of her home, of the North Pole and her father's workshop. She throws it in front of her, the glass breaking into snowflakes and a portal opening with them. She adjusts her hold on her staff and then steps through the portal and straight into the snowy landscape of the Pole. She takes a deep breath before jumping, the wind catching around her and carrying her through the air towards the workshop.