~3~

after that, i'd always come a little late and miss the bus just to see him again. most days he wasn't there but he would be waiting for me every Thursday. so i adapted. i was on time everyday except Thursday.

we continued to talk for a few months after that. it was around the beginning of April that i decided to get his number.

"no yea totally, here gimme your phone" he said reaching out. i smiled and handed him the phone. "there you go." he handed back the phone. i smiled and put it away.

"yknow, you never told me where you go when you take the bus. you always get off after me so i can't even guess." i said.

"oh, this is kinda weird but, i've always been into drama as a kid, i just never went into drama at school. too.....busy i guess. so i go to the theater." his eyes were so bright when he talked about things he loved.

"dude that's not weird! that's awesome!  i love drama too! i'm just not very good at it."

"no way, you like drama?" he asked in disbelief. i nodded.

one day i decided to go with him. my teacher canceled the art class for the day so i just hung around him. it was an interesting experience. i didn't act though. i just watched. he was good. really good. it was almost like i was watching a movie. he never broke the '4th wall' or whatever he called it. once he got off stage though, he was embarrassed. his cheeks were a deep pink and he kept avoiding meeting my eyes so i decided to ask him out to lunch to get him more comfortable with me and because how can you not ask Frank out?

"i know a small little cafe, not too far from here." i said as we walked. his and brushed against mine.

"oh sorry." he pulled his hand away and blushed.

i softly grabbed his hand. "no it's fine."

he looked down at our hands and then up at me. i looked down and smiled. he was so cute. he looked so scared. I lightly squeezed his hand.

"is this okay?" I asked. he nodded feebly. I smiled. "good, 'cause i wasn't going to move my hand anyway." his giggle was the cutest thing.

after the cafe, he dragged me to some book store that he really liked. we showed each other our favorite books and read a few good ones.

"i really enjoyed today" he smiled, watching the sun set.

"me too. we should do this again sometime."

"yes, definitely." the bus slowly pulled up and he looked up at me. i looked at him and smiled softly. his face was close to mine. so close that i could feel his breath on me. i closed my eyes and leaned down to meet his lips, half expecting him to back away and laugh at me but he didn't. he came up to meet me and kissed me. he smiled against my lips and slowly stepped back. "bye Gerard." he waved.

i watched him get onto the bus. "bye Frank."