~8~

I don't remember where it went all wrong but it did. Frank had started going out at night and not telling me where he's going. if he ended up coming back that night, he'd be drunk out of his mind and he'd reek of weed. most of the time, he'd disappear until the next day. 

I tried getting him to talk to me but he just doesn't. he blocks me out. I tried talking to him when he was drunk and he blew up at me. I tried when he was sober and he just kept avoiding the question. it got to the point that he stopped sleeping in the same bed as me. he'd sleep on the couch.

he told me he was going out one night so I decided to follow him. I tied my hair back and wore a leather jacket I hadn't worn in years. I put on a pair of sun glasses and left to follow Frank. 

he went down all these weird alleyways and small side streets. he finally parked his car in front of someones house and I parked a few cars back. I watched him walk into the house without even knocking. I got out of the car and crept to the side of the house.

'im only gonna peek and see whats going on and then im going to go back to the apartment.' 

the window was open and the lights were dim. I inched closer to the window and immediately choked on the air around me. the air surrounding the window was heavily laced with weed. I covered my nose with my shirt or else I would've coughed and let them know I was there. I stood on my tip toes and peeked into the house. 

"I cant keep coming out here Pete. he knows somethings up and I hate lying to him."  the voice was familiar. im sure its Franks. I just cant see his face.

another voice spoke up, I assume belonged to this Pete character. "you don't have to anymore. I can find someone else for the job." what job?

"are you sure? I don't wanna come home one day and find his blood all over the walls Pete." 'his', is Frank talking about me?

"it won't be." Pete chuckled.

"Pete im serious. I want to make sure we are safe. I don't want any harm coming to us." Franks fist slammed down on what I assumed was a table. 

Pete hesitated before speaking. "you have my word. you guys are safe. I won't send men after you and ill keep them out of your hair." Frank hummed in approval and I saw the faint outline of their bodies shake hands.

"in that case, am I free to go?" Frank pulled his hand away and tucked it in his jacket.

"yeah, sure." Frank began to walk out. "one more thing though." Frank stopped and turned back around to address the voice. "we never speak about this. you never met me and I never met you."

Frank nodded. "done deal." he turned and continued walking. the front door opened.

"oh fuck." I whispered. Petes head turned in the direction of the window.

"who's there?" I held my breath and ran as fast as I could. "Iero." he called. "there might be an issue." 

I continued to run until I was safely in the car. i started the car, turned off my headlights and drove backwards until I was out of the side street and safely tucked away in some alleyway. i noticed it was raining. I didn't even realize I was close to soaked. I sat in that alley until I calmed down and once I was breathing at a steady pace, I  started driving in the direction of home.

I made it back a solid 15 minuted before Frank. I ran into the room and changed so he wouldn't suspect anything. I walked back into the living room as he opened the front door. I wanted to run over and hug him but I didn't know if he'd blow up and get mad at me or not. 

"you're wet?" he looked me up and down. I felt my hair. 'shit'

"I,,, showered." 

Frank raised his eyebrows and nodded sarcastically.

I scoffed. "what? you don't think I shower?" 

he smiled and took his jacket off. "no, I know you don't shower."

he was back. my old Frank was back. I knew well that if I ran into his arms, he'd hold me close and keep me safe. he wouldn't yell at me. the floor became blurry and I wasn't able to stop myself from walking toward him. he threw the jacket onto the couch and held his arms open. I hesitated and stopped at the couch. he nodded and I immediately knew he was back and wouldn't get mad at me. I sniffled and smiled. his arms were more comforting than I remembered them being. 

"im sorry." was all he said. I wanted to say it was okay and just forget that it happened but I couldn't. I should've left it alone but I didn't.

"its not okay Frank. it really isn't." Frank pet my hair softly.

"I know baby, im not asking for forgiveness. I know I don't deserve it." I pulled away although I wanted to stay in his arms forever. now that I had him back, I wanted to hold him but he hurt me. he hurt me more than he would understand. instead, I hugged myself, turned away and let the tears fall freely. 

he tried to hug me again. I moved away and shook my head. "n-no. no Frank. you h- you hurt me. so much. I don't think you'll ever understand." I looked at him. I know venom filled my gaze but I didn't care enough to stop it. he needed to know. he needed to know how broken he left me. I wiped my eyes with the back of my arm and continued to move away from him. 

"I know. I didn't mean to. im so sorry baby. I don't want you to forgive me, I just want you to know im sorry. " I shook my head. 

"I need space. I- I want to sleep h-here." I hiccuped. 

Frank looked at me with hurt soaking his eyes. "I can sleep here, you can have the bed." 

"no. I want the couch." he walked over and tried to kiss my forehead. I turned away and heard him sigh. I watched him walk into the room slowly. he didn't close the door though. he left it open as if he's telling me that he wants me there.

I looked up to the ceiling and bit my fist. the sobs racked at my body and I let them. id been holding it in for way too long.