Attacked

"Well you're an orphan right? You lost your parents too."

"Well yes but not really. I was 3 when I was brought to the orphanage so I didn't really know my parents or what happened to them. I don't know who they were either. And I don't really care. It's all in the past and I have more important things to think about right now. So I don't feel any pain."

"Huh....," Percy falls silent, mulling this over. "So my turn! Do you have any siblings?"

Of course he picks that question...

"Well.....no,"Carmen says clenching her fists in her lap.

"Let me guess......my dad did something to your sibling and that's why you killed him." Percy says leaning back.

"H-how?! I knew it! This is a trap isn't it!" Carmen leaps up and tries to run but she feels arms around her waist as she's lifted off the ground. She struggles biting and kicking but stops when she realizes they're too high up.

"It's not a trap Carm..," he says softly.

"DON'T CALL ME CARM!" She yells and her palm hits his face causing it to snap to the side.

"Ow...," Percy says quietly as his arms wrap tighter around her. " I did not deserve that!"

"Yeah you did! You made me think you weren't trying to hurt me! That you didn't hate me! You basically lied to me!"

"Says the girl who killed the King and then befriended the Prince without telling him," he says with a cheeky grin.

"I-," Carmen was speechless. "How long have you known?"

"Since the beginning. It's part of the reason why I find you so interesting."

"But I KILLED your DAD!"

"He wasn't a father to me. He would hit my mother and before I was born they had several children but their abilities weren't special enough..... he killed them....," a dark look passes over Percy's face. "He deserved to die.... I just couldn't do it."

"Percy.... y-you're really not upset?"

"No. You saved me from a horrible and abusive father." He kisses the top of Carmen's head. "But I think I deserve something special for that unfair slap I got." Carmen rolls her eyes.

Would it be that bad? To try once? To move on?

"Okay," Carmen says. She leans in and Percy is a bit surprised but leans in as well. But before their lips can meet a shrill alarm goes off. Carmen jumps but Percy doesn't lose her grip on her.

"What's going on?" She screams to be heard over the alarm.

"We're under attack." Percy's face seems to change, hardening. He brings them down and they quickly run back into the castle and into the main foyer. The leader of the guard runs up to Percy as soon as he enters.

"My Prince thank goodness you're al-," Percy cuts him off.

"No time what's the situation?"

"Um yes sir um...the Pencerahan clan has waged war on us saying that a... in their own words that a 'boy barely 16 should not be considered a King. There is no way for him to be worthy so we will add this Kingdom to our own and enlighten the people of this Kingdom.'" Carmen clenches her fists angry. She throws off her heels and marches barefoot out onto the outer wall. As she marches up the steps she hears a man begin to speak.

"Surrender now Prince Percy and perhaps you shall be spared and there will be no need for extra bloodshed."

Oh the little...! Carmen's feet hit the top landing and marches straight up to the wall and looks out to see a young man with dark skin on horseback at the gates. Percy is running after her but Carmen turns to the guards nearby and whispers something to the leader.

"My lady I'm sorry but I can't do anything without orders from the Pri-," he says.

"Do it." Percy states. "Whatever it is do it." The guard nods and begins to give orders to his men.

"Prince Percy give us your answer now!" the man bellows.

Oh we will give you an answer. Carmen walks over to the edge once more. This time the man notices her.

"Little girl go fetch the cowardly Prince!"

Oh no he didn't.

"Hey! I am no little girl! I'm a fighting machine! And I have an answer for you by the way." Carmen pretends to pull out a piece of paper and clears her throat. "Well the Prince and I, his fiance, say..," Carmen throws the paper and it hits the man on the head. "WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER AND IF YOU WANT THIS KINGDOM YOU BETTER BE READY TO FIGHT FOR IT YOU LITTLE JERKS!" Carmen's words are followed by a volley of arrows. The attackers are so taken aback that it takes a moment for them to group together in a defensive position. In that moment several hundred are killed with an arrow through the heart. The man on horseback bellows in rage and once the arrows stop they charge forward with a war cry. Foot soldiers rush out from the castle gates to meet them. Magic and weapons clash on the battlefield as more and more people begin to drop dead on both sides. Carmen smirks and turns away knowing that with the castle they had the advantage and the battle was won.

"Come back here you cowardly girl! You talk a lot but can you back it up with your fighting skills? One battle to the death. You win we leave. I win everyone surrenders." Carmen turns right back around and walks down several stairs. They gate doors crash open dramatically and she stomps out.

"OH HO HO! I GET IT! So you're losing and you know it cause you didn't bring enough men thinking we were weak and would just give up right?! So in a last ditch effort you decide to try to win in a one on one fight and you pick a girl thinking just cause i wear a dress that I'm weak?! Boy you going down." By this point both sides have stopped fighting and Carmen stands in front of the man's horse staring him in the eye.

"Quite a loud mouth you got there girlie," he says through clenched teeth.

"HA! You haven't even seen me at my best boy. Okay so what kind of fight?"

"Sword fighting. I doubt your weak little girl muscles will be able to lift a sword let alone wield it. I'm ready for your forfeit whenever." he says looking down at his nails.

"Boy you're doing the cliche girl looking down at her nails cause I'm arrogant thing while you insult me for being girly." The man stops and glares at her.

"What? Upset that the "little girl" is smarter than you?" The man gets off his horse and draws his sword towering over her five foot 7 frame.

"I. Will. Beat. YOU!" He screams and swings his sword. Carmen leaps back and lands on his blade her head down. She pulls out two twins swords and crouches down. She looks the man dead in the eye with a malicious grin.

"I don't think so.... idiot." Then she swings her swords at his head.

Key Flower meanings:

Primrose I Can't Live without You

Petunia Resentment, Anger, Your Presence Soothes Me

Camellia (Pink)

Longing For You

Camellia (Red)

You're a Flame in My Heart

Camellia (White)
You're Adorable

(No new flower this time but a new one will come into play soon.)