C H A P T E R 10

BOOK FOUR; THE NEXT LEG OF HER JOURNEY -- A MARVEL FANFICTION
CHAPTER TEN

To say Pepper was astounded by this news would be an understatement. She was absolutely bewildered. She wanted to help, to take all of these kids into her arms but she knew that would never happen. After they lost Renesmee again, they couldn't bring themselves to help any other children in fear something would happen to them. She had already disappeared three times while in their custody. In full honesty, she was surprised they hadn't received a visit from any Officials yet with their track record with Renesmee.

Walking to where the majority of the family waited, Pepper knew what she had to do. Four couples had been looking to adopt and, Pepper being Pepper, decided to help them out. "Pepper? Everything alright?" Scott asked once he noticed the woman's usually composed demeanor being replaced by a rather confused and rather bewildered one.

"I think- I think I've found Ness." There was a lot of shock she received from saying that, but Tony backed her up with what she was saying by nodding in agreement. "There's one problem though. She's being classed as an orphan, she lives in an orphanage with five other boys that she seems to be rather close with. All I've got so far are nicknames and appearances." the looks the CEO was receiving seemed to edge her on to reply to them. "Well, ther was a boy that another called 'Moons'. He has light brown hair, green eyes and scars covering his skin; there was another boy someone called 'Pads'. He has black hair and grey eyes; another had brown hair and hazel eyes; another looked rather handsome, and they called him 'Embers'; the last one had rather mousy features if I do say so myself."

"So what do you want us to do, Pep?" Scott Lang, also known as Ant-Man to the world, asked upon seeing the look on his friend's face. "What do you want us to do to make sure they're safe?" To say Scott knew would be an understatement. The shrinkable man was already a step ahead of her, looking into orphanages that were around NYC on his phone.

"You already know, Scott." Pepper replied as the elevator opened to reveal the class that was touring that day. Immediately the conversation was lost to silence upon the Avengers seeing a certain girl in the back, seeming to be in an argument with her small, yet comfortable, group of friends.

"I'm telling you, Paddy! It's gonna happen, I'm just telling you!" She argued, trying to prove her point which was unknown to the team of Earth's Mighteist Heroes.

"And I'm telling you, Starry, that it's not gonna happen. I'm pretty sure we would get kicked out for even asking!" The boy, 'Paddy', argued back. "Moons, back me up here please!"

"I'm sorry, Pads, but I have to agree with Star here-" "-Ha! In your face, Paddy!-" "-that the Avengers can act absolutely ridiculous at certain times."

"How can you be so sure, Remus?" A boy with round glasses asked from where he stood behind the arguing trio. "We don't even know them! We haven't even seen them before for some rather odd reason!"

"Easy James. Look at them now," the boy with the scars, Remus, explained as he pointed t where the group of heroes were. As the others looked, they could see how their best mate had come to that conclusion. All of the team members seemed to be in a petty argument, making it look as if they were children. "They are the essence of 'children'." This caused the group of six to laugh quietly.

"I feel bad for Pepper." Tom commented, watching with amusement in his green eyes. Nodding in agreement, the others started to mess around a bit causing the boy to sigh. "I can connect to her on an emotional level sicne I have to put up with you three idiots!"

"Hey!" All three of them exclaimed, mock offence on their faces. Remus sighed and shook his head, opting to ignore the idiots he called friends. How did he even become friends with them? Well, he knew one thing for sure; today was going to be a long day.