9

"What do you mean that you saw Kol?" Elijah Mikaelson asked as Freya was getting Emily a glass of water

It was not as though Emily herself knew what had happened, she was still processing what had just occurred. She had just spoken to Kol Mikaelson. 

From what Emily had heard, he was the flirty brother. He uses charms to his advantage, and he was good at his act. She also knew that he always got what he wanted.

It had made Emily brush by the nickname that he had called her, darling. She didn't know why some nickname would make her blush, it was not as though she was attached to him. 

She can't even think of the fact that she was attached to them. There's no way that she was. It had only been one evening, but that was enough time. 

Emily shook her head and replied,

"Exactly what I said, I saw him, I spoke to him," Emily replied. 

She was not processing anything, there were questions running through her head about what was going on. 

How did Kol know who she was? Why did she feel safe with him? Why was she connected to him?

All these questions continued to go through her head, a million miles an hour and had no intention of stopping any time soon.

"There much a perfectly logical explanation as to why Kol let Emily inside his head," Marcel spoke. 

In fact, no one knew where to start looking for these answers, there was nothing to go off from, and this had never happened in the Mikaelson family. This was a first for the family.

"But now what do I do? Kol's condition deteriorates whenever I leave," Emily said. 

Again, everyone was clueless. There was the option of her coming every day to the compound and staying with Kol all day, but that did not take into account the time that would be spent away from Kol.

"You need to stay with us," Rebekah spoke up. 

She knew that Emily could refuse this, but from Rebekah's point of view, there was no other choice. It was that she said in the Mikaelson Compound, or that Kol suffers without her presence. 

Surprisingly though, Emily had nodded her head. At this point, her brain and her actions were not corresponding with each other, her brain was trying to process all of this. 

"It makes sense, he needs you around, we don't know why yet. We can get you the materials that you need to figure out how to wake Kol up," Freya spoke. 

The Mikaelson family wanted this spell to be broken, they wanted Kol to wake up. They wanted their brother back, the fun and playful brother. Then, they had gained a glimmer of hope when Emily replied,

"Fine, I will stay with you all, but only for my patient," Emily said while throwing her hands in the air with mock exasperation.

The Mikaelson family all glanced at each other and smiled, whatever bond that Kol and Emily had, it was going to be good for both of them.