28

"Stupid, stupid, stupid," Kol had said to himself

He was hitting himself as he was calling himself bad names. He thought that he had already screwed things up between him and Emily. The kiss on the cheek was a spur of the moment, and it almost came as almost a second nature to Kol. 

"Why would you do that?!" Kol shouted at himself. 

The rest of the Mikaelsons could hear what he was saying, though, there was only one who had come to talk to Kol, and that was Klaus. 

"Brother, what is wrong?" Klaus asked. 

On this rare occasion, Klaus was genuinely concerned about what was going on with his brother. None of the Mikaelsons had seen Kol hate himself so much so that he would verbally talk about it. 

They were all used to seeing him as the confident and flirty Mikaelson. They never viewed him as the self-hating or the self-loathing version of Kol Mikaelson. 

"Nothing, not that you would care," Kol stated bitterly. 

He truly did believe that none of his family cared about him.

He had truly believed that his family truly did not care about him, that was not true at all. He wanted their attention, but he wasn't getting it when he was younger, therefore he lost all hope. 

Kol had especially lost hope in Klaus, he did not believe that his brother, the cruel one, could care about how Kol was feeling.

"Let me guess, something to do with Emily?" Klaus asked, even though at this point the answer was obvious. 

Klaus knew exactly what he was going through. At this point, Klaus had hoped that for him, when he was figuring out his love life, he had someone who would have guided his feelings. Though, Klaus did not have that. 

The Mikaelsons had deemed themselves as broken, therefore it was difficult for them to figure out if what they were feeling was real or false.

"Yes," Kol had spoken with a sigh. 

He then sat down on a stair, and he had thus begun rubbing his hands over his face. Kol knew what he was feeling was fondness, what he did not know was that it had evolved into something stronger, love.

"You are in love with her," Klaus stated.

Kol had snapped his head very quickly to where Klaus was sitting. He was sitting right next to him, but he was not making direct eye contact with Kol. 

Instead, he was looking ahead. Kol and looked down, deep in thought, and at that moment he had realized that he was in love with her. He did not know-how, and he did not know when, but his feelings had grown into love.

"I am in love with her," Kol had thus said to himself in shock. 

Kol never even thought that at this point in his life he would be capable of love, but somehow Emily had pushed him out of his shell and forced him somehow to fall in love with her. 

Though, Kol knew that she was not at fault. Instead, he had fallen in love with every aspect of her. That had explained the protectiveness that Kol has felt whenever Emily was in danger, or whenever she was insulted. 

He deemed herself a protector, but now he sees herself as her lover. That image had made Kol smile. Though, before Kol even further into thinking about his feelings, a scream was heard, it was Emily's.