34

After Kol had killed Emily's parents, the Mikaelsons had all rushed to where Emily was

After Kol had killed Emily's parents, the Mikaelsons had all rushed to where Emily was. She was unconscious, but her eyes had slowly begun to open. 

The first sight that she saw was the man that she had fallen in love with covered in the blood of recovering. He had never looked more attractive at that moment to her.

"Kol, you came?" Emily asked them. 

She did not know if they were going to come in the first place, she did not want to keep her hopes up. That was why she was ready to die, she was going to die in a way that she did not want to, but she had nothing to hold onto to hope. 

She thought that the Mikaelsons were not going to come for her, but they had, and that had made her heart fill up with light.

"Of course we did," Kol said. 

He knew that she was not dying, but it felt like she was. 

She was so tired sick, she could barely keep her eyes open. Kol had then begun to hold her in his arms, and she cuddled into him, seeing the warmth that he had.

"Rest now, your protector is here," Kol said softly. 

He had seen himself again as a protector, her protector. He had redeemed her, and he had convert of the one thing that it exhibited so much fear from her. 

He was ready to do anything for her, and he felt as though he was on top of the world. He protected the girl that he loved, and that had given him more satisfaction than any kill would've given him. 

She had smiled softly in his direction, she was not ready to sleep.

"You will be here when I wake up, right?" Emily asked. 

That was when the dark side of her was coming out. It was all the feelings of resentment, the fears that she felt that all of this would be a dream and that she was still with the coven. 

Emily had sounded incredibly vulnerable because she was. Everything was left out into the open, the secret that was hidden in the story that she had told them, and the doubts that she felt. 

The doubts were ingrained within her, there was nothing she could do about it. She would always doubt this because she never believed that she deserved the protection of the family. Even though she had earned it through the respect, they're all grown to care about her.

The Mikaelsons had now seen her as a part of their family. She was going to be part of their lives for good, and the fact that Kol had loved her made it set in stone. 

She was going to be in Mikaelson in the future, and Kol will make sure of it.

"Always," Kol replied. He had been kissed her forehead, as gently as he possibly could. She then closed her eyes, and took a much-needed rest, after the events that have happened that night.

Then, When Emily had fallen asleep in Kol's arms, Kol had then picked her up in a bridal style and carried her.

"Let us go home," Kol whispered into Emily's hair. 

At that statement, in Emily's sleep, she had begun to smile. 

Almost as though her body instinctively knew that she was going to go someplace safe that she was going to go back to a place that was now familiar to her, even though she had her doubts at first.