Chapter 5

I walked outside, sat by a tree and closed my eyes. It had been a long week. Steven had asked about a palanquin of some sort, and I was overly confused on why Garnet and Pearl were acting so weird about it. I saw Greg's van driving along and I decided to catch up with the van. "Hey!" I yelled as Greg and Steven looked at each other as I got in. "We're going to see the palanquin" Steven explained. "Sounds good, I'm coming" I said as they looked at me. "You sure?" Greg asked as he drove. "Yep, I wanna see what's so dangerous about this place" I crossed my legs and looked up. "Wait a second, how did you get to Korea?" Greg asked. "No idea, just warped here" I shrugged. "This is the place" Steven led us out of the van and into a forest. "It sure looks pretty here" Greg said. "Steven?" I asked Steven as tears fell down his face. "It's happening again!" Greg gasped. "I'm fine, let's keep going" Steven said. "Let's take a break, this mountain's really messing me up" Greg said as he looked at me. "No Dad, this can only mean we're getting closer" Steven said as we continued walking. "Look! A fence!" I pointed as there was a barbed wire fence. "This feels familiar" Greg said. "Help us jump the fence" I ordered Greg. "Oh boy, we're doing this" Greg heaved us over and went over himself. "Your dad really can't jump fences like he used to" Greg rubbed his backside. "Hey look! But it's different? In my dream it was all broken down and Pink" Steven said, looking at the blue palanquin. "Maybe it got a paint job?" Greg asked we heard a distance voice. "Oh Pink, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I should've done more. Yellow says it will all be over soon, I wonder what you would think. This is your planet after all. I still think it is" the giant woman's voice rang out, and it sounded strangely familiar. Steven and Greg talked quietly but my eyes were glued to the giant lady. "What are you doing over there?" The giant woman asked a small slim woman. "I heard someone" the small woman said. "I'll handle this guys" I said as I got up. "Hey, um, what's up?" I asked awkwardly as the small woman stared at me, though I couldn't really tell. "My Diamond, I have found a native" the small woman told the giant woman. "Bring it here" the giant woman ordered as the small woman brought me to her. "Uh hey there" I waved. "How curious, I'm impressed by the Earth's way to survive in the wild. This is where it happened. Where she was..broken" The woman said. "Were you close?" I asked sadly. "Very" The woman said. "I'm awfully sorry. I lost someone important to me too. I think about her all the time but she's never coming back. That feeling can be so hard to be okay with" I said, looking at the ground as the woman picked me up. "Your eyes are beautiful. I once met a human like you. What is your name?" The woman asked me. "I'm..Hazel. Hazel Twiggs" I said, ashamed at using my real name that I had never wished to hear again. "What was your close one's name?' The woman asked. "It was Adeline, Addie Twiggs. She was my little sister and she was my best friend" I said sadly as the woman rubbed me against her cheek. "Do all humans have hair as exotic and beautiful as yours?" The giant woman petted me with her finger, causing me to giggle. "No, just me and Addie. Hers was so beautiful, it was so long she almost sat on it sometimes. I used to love brushing her hair, because she had long wavy hair and mine is full on curly. I loved her so much" I said shamefully. "I suppose you and I aren't that different,are we Hazel?" The giant woman asked. "I suppose so. What's your name?" I asked. "I am Blue . Blue Diamond" I looked shocked as the gems said the Diamonds were terrible, people but this one didn't seem too bad. "Nice to meet you Blue" I laughed. "You know, I really shouldn't be here, but I'm glad I came back one last time. I can save a piece of her legacy, and one last piece of Serenity's family" Blue said as I gasped. "You mean my grandmother Serenity? She died years ago, when I was 6. I remember, she had something carved into her chest" I said thoughtfully. "Serenity was Pink's good friend, and she was half-gem. I knew you were hers from the moment I saw your clear blue eyes and red hair. She looked exactly the same" Blue explained. Blue picked me up and made it so I couldn't run. "Wait a second Blue, I'm not sure-" we got into a ship, and headed away from the Earth, from Steven, from Garnet.

A gentle shake awoke me, and I opened my eyes, hoping it had all been a dream. It hadn't however, for Pearl was shaking me. "My Eminence, we have arrived" Pearl told me as I yawned but remembered. "Pearl! We need to go back! I can't leave Steven!" I begged her. "I'm sorry my Eminence, there there. Earth doesn't deserve a royalty like you to live on its rock" Pearl pat me on the back and I gave a sympathetic look at her as Blue looked around, picked me up and went outside into space with Pearl. "Hazel, how are old you exactly?" Blue asked. "Twenty-two years , six months and five days" I replied. "Is that old for a human?" Blue asked curiously. "I suppose I do feel old, but in my years of life I have achieved so much" I sighed. "What have you achieved? What rank are you amongst your kind?" Blue asked. "I'm a singer. People adore me and my voice and my rank is global superstar" I shrugged. "I'll be the judge of that" Blue said as she ushered me to sing. I took a deep breath and started to sing.
Remember those walls I built?
Well baby they tumbling down
And they didn't even put up a fight
They didn't even make a sound
I found a way to let you in
But I really never had a doubt
Standing in the light of your halo
I got my angel now
It's like I've been awaken
Every rule I had you breaking
It's the risk that I'm taking
I ain't never gonna shut you out
Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light
I swore I'd never fall again
But this don't even feel like falling
Gravity can forget
So pull me back to the ground again
Feels like I've been awaken
Every rule I had you breaking
The risk that I'm taking
I'm never gonna shut you out
Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
Halooouuuu
Halooouuuu
Ouuuuuuuuuuuouuuuu
Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face~
Baby I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I finished the song as Blue's eyes were wide. "That was beautiful" Blue whispered. "I used to sing it to Addie when she went to bed" I shrugged. "Yes indeed my Eminence, you do" a gem said from behind us. I turned around and saw what I thought to be a Diamond's pet. "Agate, take my dear Hazel to the Amethysts, I am sure they will keep her amused until I return" Blue ordered. "But my Diamond, surely you don't want-" the gem stopped as Blue glared at her. "Goodbye my little Hazel, take care" Blue blew a kiss as the gem led me away. "My Eminence, I am Holly Blue Agate" Holly said. "Hello Holly" I said smiling. "This is the Amethyst room, excuse me" Holly Blue pressed the button and there was a bunch of Amethysts revealed. "You useless chunks of Earth, you have the privilege to amuse our Eminence until our Diamond returns, look after her" Holly said sharply to the Amethysts. "Hey! Don't be so mean Holly! It's not their fault where they came from!" I said sharply to Holly. "Yes of course, my Eminence, have fun" Holly Blue stuttered as she shut the door. The Amethysts picked me up and cheered. "Hey guys, put me down" I laughed as they proceeded to do so. "God, you all sound like my Amethyst at home" I laughed but stopped as I remembered Earth. "Is everything alright, My Eminence?" One of the Amethysts asked. "Oh please, call me Opal" I laughed. "Isn't your name Hazel?" They asked. "Yeah but I renamed myself a few years back, it was fun" I laughed as I started playing with the Amethysts. Suddenly, the door opened and there was Amethyst herself with two other Amethysts! I immediately stopped tickling one of the Amethysts and pounced on Amethyst. She laughed as I buried my head into her clothing, hugging her to death. "Looks like you missed me!" Amethyst laughed. "So you are the famous Amethyst we've been hearing so much about!" The other Amethyst said as they all started talking. I rested my head against the wall and looked up at the ceiling. "Yo Opie! We're gonna prank Steven and Greg!" Amethyst said excitedly as I fell off the hammock type thingy and she caught me. "Sorry what? They are here?!" I gasped. "Yep, we've come to rescue you!" Amethyst said as we huddled together and they told me the plan. I was to hide until we had officially pranked them and Amethyst and I would run to Steven and hug him. Steven and Greg were thrown in and I had to stop myself from squealing. "Steven! Greg! They found me out! " Amethyst cried out. "Amethyst!' Steven cried. "You won't believe what I've been through! These Amethysts, they are really..really...GREAT!" Amethyst shouted. "What?" Steven gasped as all the Amethysts laughed. "Your faces!" One Amethyst said. "You were right! That was priceless!" I laughed as I came out from behind an Amethyst. Steven jumped on me and hugged me to death. I even saw some tears in his eyes. "Hey dude! Don't cry" I laughed, wiping his tears. "I'm just so glad you're okay!" Steven yelled happily. "What are you wearing? Greg, this is a good look for you!" Amethyst said excitedly. "What is going on?" Steven asked. "These Amethysts, they are all from Earth!
They are all from the Prime Kindergarten! Wait, hey 8XL!" Amethyst yelled to another Amethyst. "Yeah?" 8XL asked. "You guys, I'm an 8! Tell em! Tell em!" Amethyst yelled to 8XL. "The Amethyst under me never popped out! We're all waiting and nothing!" 8XL explained as I snorted. "I'm 8XM! Vasid 5, cut 8XM! That's me! This is 8XG! 8XH!" Amethyst introduced. "I'm J!" 8XJ said. "Oh sorry, I'm worse than Holly Blue!" Amethyst laughed. "Aren't we all except for Opal?" 8XL asked laughing. The other Amethysts laughed and so did I. "Prime, Prime, Prime, you Amethysts are so clicky" A Skinny Jasper rolled her eyes. "Skinny Sat Jasper! There are gems here from the Beta Kindergarten too! Hey where's Carnelian?' Amethyst asked. "Celebrating" Skinny Jasper said smiling. "I'm not the shortest anymore!" Another Amethyst chuckled, holding Amethyst in the air. "This is unreal" Greg said. "Yep" I laughed. "Please, if you don't mind me asking, we really need your help, we came in with Sapphire, Ruby and Pearl, we've got to get out of here!" Steven said. "Ruby and Sapphire?" I blushed a bit. Holly Blue was then at the door with Pearl, Sapphire and Ruby. "This will only take a moment. What are you all doing?! Get to your stations! Even you hideous off colour Betas! Get out of your coffee and into your betas! It's the least you can do for the Diamond that kept your worthless sorry gems in service!" Holly blue yelled. "Hey Holly! Don't be mean!" I ordered as Holy Blue blushed in embarrassment. "I'm sorry, my Eminence" Holly Blue said stiffly as I walked out of the room with her. I tried not to blush while seeing Ruby and Sapphire, but it was too hard. I covered my face quickly, but they had knew what had happened and smirked a bit. The Amethysts ran out and I turned to look at Holly Blue. "My Diamond is awaiting your presence in the room just down the hall, my Eminence" Holly Blue pointed to the door. "Thank you Holly" I smiled at her as I ran down the hall towards the massive door. "Blue-wait Yellow and Blue?" I gasped at the two giant woman before me. "What is a human doing in our presence Blue?" Yellow asked. "This is not just any human, this is Serenity's family" Blue smiled down at me. "Where's her gem?" Yellow asked. "I don't believe she has one Yellow, but she is Serenity's blood, and she's bound to have some power in there" Blue smiled at me as I got onto her hand. "Are you mourning as well then human?' Yellow asked me. "Kind of? My name is Hazel, but-" I started. "Serenity, who are you mourning?" Yellow asked. "I'm mourning my sister, she died" I sniffed. "Poor thing" Blue stroked me with her fingers. "You both need to be brought back to reality. Pearl, sing for them , make them feel better" Yellow said. "Yes my Diamond, ehm, EHM" Yellow Pearl coughed annoyingly. "Oh" Blue Pearl and Yellow started humming.

I raised my eyebrows, that song just made me think of her more. "And we have arrived, that will be all Pearl. My Diamond, my gracious, wondrous, luminous, lustrous Diamond...s and Eminence. Oh my! It's truly an honour to bask in your radiance... s" Holly Blue over exaggerated as I rolled my eyes. "Get to the point Agate" Yellow said rudely. "Yes of course, my deepest apologies. You'll be pleased to know your Sapphire has completed you special delivery " Holly Blue revealed Ruby and Sapphire as I blushed. "What special delivery?" Blue asked as I slammed my head against my hands 20 times. "The special delivery you requested from Earth, of course" Holly smiled. "I never asked any Sapphire to go to Earth" Blue said as I put my head in my hands. We're done for. We're actually done for. "I...um...my future vision forsaw you desiring more humans for the zoo so I...acted accordingly" Sapphire smiled timidly as Holly Blue grinned up at Blue Diamond. "It's true, the windows for preserving Earth's specimen is closing" Blue said sadly. "Is that what you want? "Sapphire, has the Cluster emerged yet?" Yellow asked Sapphire. "No it has not" Sapphire replied truthfully. "Then there's still time. That will be all" Yellow clapped her hands. "My Diamonds" Holly did a salute as she went out with the others. "I shall leave you in peace and go with them. I would like to say farewell" I smiled as I went out. I caught up with them as Holly Blue smiled at me as I walked next to her. Holly Blue closed her eyes and they hurried me onto the ship first so I wasn't seen. Then Steven and Greg were about to get in but Holly Blue spotted them. "What is the meaning of this?! Why are those two outside the containment area?! " Holly Blue yelled. "Holly Blue, I can explain" Sapphire tried. "No need your Clarity, not even you could have foreseen how incompetent these Amethysts are. Well if you want something done right, you just do it yourself! You two are coming with me!" Holly blue brought out her whip but Garnet fused and caught the whip. "Steven, get Greg on board! We'll handle this noise!" Garnet smiled as she let go of the whip and Pearl twirled it with her spear and Amethyst tied it around Holly Blue. "Ooh!" The Amethysts gasped. "I've been waiting to do this all day!" Garnet punched Holly Blue over and she made a mouse like sound. The Amethysts laughed and laughed until they waved goodbye. "Famethyst for life!" Amethyst kissed her fingers and got into the ship. "I'll report you to the Diamonds, all of you! You'll all be shattered!" Holly Blue yelled. "You're really going to tell the Diamonds, that you allowed a band of traitorous rebels to infiltrate a highly secure facility and escape right under your careful watch? Doesn't sound like a wise thing to do Holly blue! So do yourself a favour and keep your mouth shut. That will be all" Pearl got onto the ship and I clapped as we drove away. Garnet put arms around me as we all laughed. "Thanks for coming to get me guys. Love y'all" I winked at Garnet. "Hey Opal, I'm sorry I got you into all this, this all started because I wanted answers" Steven sighed. "You don't have to be sorry Steven, I would have done the same thing at your age, it's okay. I hope you found what you were looking for" I smiled at Steven. "I did, I found you" Steven hugged me. "Aw shucks" I blushed as everyone hugged me.