Chapter 43

"Hey Steven, Hey new gem! Where's Addie?" I asked, walking up to them with Amethyst. "Oh I think she's with Blue Pearl?" Steven smiled. "Blue Pearl?" Amethyst and I looked at each other worried. "You gonna come to the forest later?" Steven mouthed. "Yeah" I mouthed back. "Okay thanks guys" I said, walking away. "Oh by the way, welcome to Little Homeworld" Amethyst said to the new gem as we headed to the art studio. Sure enough, Addie was there with Blue Pearl, Addie showing her painting techniques. "Addie, hey" Amethyst smiled awkwardly. "Oh Amethyst! There you are! I was just telling Blue Pearl about how you model for Vidalia's paintings" Addie smiled. "Yes she was" Blue Pearl smiled, leaning her head on Addie's shoulder. Amethyst and Addie had equally surprised expressions on their faces from Blue Pearl's actions. "Maybe Amethyst can pose for your next painting?" I smiled, putting a comforting hand on Amethyst's shoulder. "Yeah that's be cool, right Blue Pearl?" Addie smiled. "Oh, yes. That would be excellent" Blue Pearl said. "Uh O, I'm not too sure about this" Amethyst whispered. "Go on, maybe you can make friends" I whispered back. "Okay, What kind of pose?" Amethyst asked. "What about you wear that black thing always wear for models, and then you do this and this" Amethyst blushed slightly as Addie posed her. Amethyst shapeshifted and Blue Pearl started to paint. "Have fun you guys" I said, walking towards the forest. I spotted Steven and we grinned at each other, going towards Jasper's den. "Hold it. Ugh, what do you two want now?" Jasper asked, uncovering herself from some blanket. "Jasper" Steven and I looked at each other. "We just wanna talk!" Steven said as Jasper faced us. "Hey, uh, how's it going?" I asked. "I know it's been a while since we last um, talked to you" Steven said. Jasper crushed a bug and we looked at her stricken. "Why did you do that?!" Steven asked. "Any earthling that invades my space gets crushed, well except for you two, I guess. To forever yank those puny green earthlings out of the ground" Jasper said as I raised an eyebrow. "You mean grass?" I asked. "I don't know their names!" Jasper said. "So what's with the rocks?" Steven asked. "Training" Jasper said. "Oh, I thought you might be getting into art, that pile really compliments the decor" this time Jasper and I both raised our eyebrows at him. "Ok, what do you need to train for anyway? There's no one left to fight" I said. "There's always someone left to fight, there's just no one left worth fighting" Jasper said. "In that case, maybe you can come on down to Little Homeschool?" Steven suggested. "No" Jasper said. "Come on, we're all learning and growing together, and you could be a part of that" Steven said. "Sounds dumb" Jasper said as I glared at her. "You know, half those gems are soldiers who fought by your side before they were corrupted and turned into monsters. They're lost and confused and still a little bit messed up but they're getting the help they need!" I glared right into Jasper's eyes and for a moment she looked a little...scared? "So, who cares?" Jasper asked. "We do and if Steven didn't care, you'd still be a monster too!" I said. "Then what? Now I owe you?" Jasper asked. "No!" Steven and I said exasperated. "You think cause you did something I never asked for, I'm going to obey you?" Jasper asked. "No!" Steven said. "Like all the other gems you use?" Jasper asked. "We only came here because we felt bad for you but all of this is your fault! All the other gems were corrupted by the Diamonds but you did it to win a fight, which you lost, to me! No one's making you stay here  all alone in the middle of nowhere, ready to fight a war that's been over for years! Are you just gonna sit here for centuries, waiting for someone to give you a purpose, because I'm trying to give you one!" Steven yelled. "Steven" I said shocked. "Listen weaklings, you may have Serenity and Pink Diamond's Gems, But you two are not my Diamond, and I'm not going to take orders from some weak, sappy, useless pieces of dirt, if you think you are hard enough to tell me what to do, then fight me and prove it!" Jasper said. "Fine!" Steven said. "Steven!" I hissed. "Really?" Jasper actually looked happy. "Opal, go get your sword" Steven said. "Gladly" I squeaked, running away to the nearest warp. It was quite far away and I needed to take water from my backpack every once in a while. Suddenly, there was a loud crash and I spun around. "Oh my stars, Steven!" I quickly started running back to Jasper's den and got there in about fifteen minutes. "Steven!" I yelled as I approached Jasper's den. "He just left" Jasper said, picking up a boulder and throwing it. "Dang it" I said, turning around when I felt a giant hand grab mine. "Wait!" Jasper said as I turned to her. "Yes Jasper?" I asked. "You look exactly like her" Jasper said, grabbing one of my curls and twirling it around. "Uh yeah, woah!" Jasper pulled me into a hug. "This is only for her, got it?" Jasper grunted. "Got it" I said. She let me go and I started to walk away.