Christmas List ~ Dean Winchester

Gripping the small glove covered hand tighter in mine, I looked both ways down the road before walking across the street being careful not to slip on the ice.

My daughter slipped slightly next to me, but I pulled her arm up before her butt had time to hit the hard, cold pavement. "Sorry momma..." She winced slowing her pace.

"It's alright baby, just go slow ok?" I made sure she was standing straight before continuing on. The small envelope containing the world's most important letter was crumpled slightly in her tiny fist. She was determined to get that letter to the post office.

Walking across the parking lot, we checked the small blue letter box, but unfortunately it was locked for the night, so we'd have to head inside. Picking Aria up, I squeezed her chilled body close to mine as we walked past rows of mail boxes to get to the front counter.

As we got close, her eyes caught a glimpse of a Christmas tree, a small gasp leaving her lips as she started to wiggle. With a small chuckle I sat her on her feet as she ran up to the tree.

She inspected it closely, picking up one of the fake presents and shaking it softly close to her ear, "Well hello there." A deep voice spoke, catching my attention along with my daughters. "Are you here with your parents?"

Frozen to my spot as I stared at the Adonis of a man. His arms bulged in his creme colored Henley, he leaned over the counter to get a better look at my daughter who nodded and pointed at me.

His bright green eyes turned in my direction, and a small smile graced his beautifully plump lips, "Hi, are you here to deliver or pick up?"

Shaking out of my daze, I walked over to Aria and picked her up in my arms before walking over and setting her on the counter, "Hello Mr. Mailman..." She said shyly, a small blush on her cheeks but her face lit up with a bright smile, her two front teeth missing.

He smiled back at her, his white teeth poking out from behind his lips, "Hello pretty lady, do you have a letter for me?" He asked pointing to letter in her hands.

Her eyes widened as she pulled it away quickly, "No! This letter is for santa!" She said excitedly. A small laugh left my lips and Dean looked back to me a small chuckle leaving him as well.

"Oh of course. My bad." He raised his hands by his head, "well, wanna hand it to me so I can put it with the other letters to Santa?" She looked down in contemplation, before slowly handing him the letter.

He sent it down a slot, probably for the trash or something, but it did kind of look like an actual mail room, squirming around I sat her on the floor before she walked back to the tree for further inspection.

"Hey." He smiled at me, pulling my attention back to his tired eyes, I smiled back and gave him a small 'hello'. "I'm Dean." He stuck his hand and I slid my smaller on into his as he shook it.

"(Y/n)." I pulled my hand back and sat it in my pocket before turning around to check on Aria.

"That's quite a cute kid you've got there. What's her name?" He asked as I looked back up at him, he had to be at least 6'.

"Aria." I smiled, before looking back down at the beautiful head full of dark brown curly locks. Obviously she got those from her father. He smiled softly and nodded his head before I turned back to him, "So, where do all those letters really go?"

"Well to Santa of course!" He said loudly enough for Aria to hear, but she didn't pay much mind to him, he chuckled and blushed slightly as his failed attempt.

I looked outside and frowned slightly at how dark it was getting, I walked over to Aria and bent over to gather up her tired body. I felt eyes on my backside and quickly turned around to face a rather flustered Dean.

"Well we better get going. Its way past this ones bedtime." I bounced her on my hip for a second, feeling her get slightly heavier.

He blushed hard which made my smirk even bigger, he nodded and rubbed the back of his neck, "Well it was nice meeting you (Y/n).." he said with an almost sad smile.

I felt a small saddness overcome me as I began to realize I very much enjoyed the man's company, "You too Dean. Say goodnight Ari." I shook her slightly as she rubbed her eyes and waved a small hand at him.

He waved back and smiled at her, "See you guys around?" He asked kinda hopefully.

"Yeah." I smiled and turned away before quickly walking back out into the cold night air. "I sure hope so..."