Affairs With Benefits-Part 3

The phone rang twice before Jared picked up, "Hey brother..." Jensen mumbled, slumping back against the couch while rubbing at his eyes with his free hand.

"Hey Jay, everything good?" Jared asked, probably being able to detect the despair in his best friends voice. Jared has yet to know about Danneel asking for a divorce. She had possibly told Gen, who could've told Jared. But Jared didn't seem to know.

"No man. Everything is far from good." Jensen sighed now leaning forward with his elbow resting against his leg. He felt restless. Between his wife of 10 years asking for a divorce and his little girl hating him, he didn't know how to feel.

"I'm on my way." Jared said instantly before Jensen heard the jingle of keys in the background, "And before you say I don't have to, I want to." He told him seriously. "Be there in ten."

One of the many perks of living close to his best friend meant it only took a matter of minutes to arrive at one another's house.

When Jared did arrive, he allowed himself in to find Jensen sniffling on the couch while the twins watched cartoons, "Hey. What's wrong?" Jared asked immediately, taking a seat next to him on the couch.

Jensen took a deep breath before clamping his eyes shut, "I was having an affair with (y/n) and Danneel found out and told me she wants a divorce. (Y/n) freaked out when I told her and ran off and now JJ hates me." He let out all in one go before rolling his head to the side to look at his friend.

Jared sat wide-eyed for a moment before letting out a sigh, "Well Uh, that sounds like quite the problem." He said, looking down at his hands. Jensen knee that Jared wasn't really sure what to say so he just decided to ask for advice.

"What am I supposed to do Jar...?" He asked his friends with tear filled eyes.

Jared gave him a sad smile and shook his head, "I can't really tell you what to do about your wife and the babysitter. But I can say you need to go upstairs and make things right with that little girl, right now." He said before placing a comforting hand on Jensens shoulder.

Jensen nodded his head in agreement, "Yeah. Yeah you're right." He sighed before standing and looking over at the twins. Jared nodded his head and leaned back against the couch, showing his friend he'd watch the kids.

Jensen made his way upstairs before stopping in front of her door. He took a deep breath before raising his knuckles and lightly knocking against the door. When no answer came he gently pushed the door open, "Justice? Sweetheart?" He asked before pushing the door open fully. The room was empty. The window was shut, but he looked over at the closet and noticed her favorite coat was missing.

His face paled as all his breath was stolen from his lungs, "Justice!" He shouted, thundering through her room. He moved down the hall when he didn't find her, still hollering her name.

Soon enough Jared bounded up the stairs, stopping when he saw Jensen frantically pushing open every door, "Jensen! What're you doing?" He asked moving towards his friend.

Jensen stopped and ran his hands through his hair, tugging on the ends with fear and frustration, "She's gone." Instantly, Jared knew what he meant and his eyes widened. He pulled out his phone and began dialing, "Who are you calling?"

Jared raised his finger to signal him to give him a moment, Jensen rolled his eyes but waited nonetheless, "Hello? Jenny? Yeah hi, it's Jared. Yeah listen, I need you to put the gates on lockdown." He paused before huffing, "because one of the kids got loose." He nodded his head before sighed softly, "Thank you." He hung up and turned back towards Jensen.

"Jenny has locked all he gates and JJ wouldn't be able to climb the hedges. Come on, let's go." Jared said before heading back down the hallway with Jensen in tow.

Jensen pulled out his phone and went to his contacts, he had to call her. Justice was her kid too. Clicking on Danneel's contact, he pressed the call button before bringing it up to his ear. He walked to the coat closet while Jared went to grab the twins.

When she picked up, she was not happy. "What do you want?" She snapped, her usual cheery tone gone. Jensen sighed softly before letting out a small sob, "Jensen...?" She asked with a softer tone this time.

"Sh-she's gone Dee..." he said softly, "I left her alone for 15 minutes. I didn't even hear her open the door." He sobbed, helping Jared get the twins into their stroller.

"She was right there," he reach for the door knob before turning it, "and now she's-" his sentence got cut off as he opened the door and there stood (y/n) with JJ in her arms. "Oh thank god." He gasped reaching forward for both of them and pulling them tightly against him.

"Jensen? Jensen!" He could hear Danneel shouting through his forgotten phone. Jared grabbed the phone from his friend and brought it up to his ear, "Hey Danneel, we found her. She probably just slipped outside while we weren't looking." He said, trying to defuse the situation, "Yeah no, no need for that. We have it handled." He paused, "Yeah, you too Dee." He hung up the phone before looking at the three.

(Y/n) noticed him staring and slowly pulled away from Jensen, still holding Justice in her arms but now looking down at her feet. "I'll Uh, give you two a moment." Jared reached for JJ but she sniffles and tucked herself tighter against (y/n).

(Y/n) spoke softly to her while rubbing her back, he wasn't sure what she said but Justice released her grip before reaching out for Jared. She must've been sleepy from her small adventure. Jared took the three kids and carried them upstairs, leaving Jensen and the babysitter alone.

"So uh..." Jensen mumbled, scratching the back of his neck, "Where'd you find her?" He asked, finally looking up at her.

She glared slightly, probably disappointed in the fact that he let his own daughter go missing, "She was at the end of the driveway." She grumbled, moving part him into the living room.

He sighed but followed, "So what're you doing here?" He asked. He hadn't meant for it to sound rude, but it probably had.

She stiffened slightly before swiping her phone off a side table and shoving it in her bag, "Forgot my phone. I'll be out of your hair now." She said softly before trying to push past him.

But she couldn't because he had blocked her way with his arm, "(Y/n) wait, I owe you an apology. I shouldn't have told Danni without asking you first." He said softly, moving to stand in front of her.

She shook her head and shrugged her shoulders, "We shouldn't have been sleeping together in the first place." She mumbled, refusing to look at him.

He wouldn't lie, that stung. But maybe... maybe she was right.