13. THUG PASSION

*Nani

Seeing my Bestfriend made me feel safe again, I was scared that them mutha fuckas would have killed her,  but I am so happy and relieved that she was found safe, and with a beautiful baby boy.
As we got to the club the music was bumping and it was definitely packed, it kind of felt like old times... being able to go out with my girls and turn up.

"Soooooo.... have you seen Cornelius yet?" Quinn asked as we sat in V.I.P waiting for our drinks.

"Hmmm, you couldn't wait to ask me that huh?" I sighed to myself and began to laugh. "Let's just say it's been a minute..." I laughed more and looked at Dezi for some assistance.

"Girl, she haven't seen or talked to Cornelius since the last time she saw you, Cornelius still thinks she's out the country, why? Because Vance made it his duty to not allow Cornelius back into Nani's life to hurt her more with his baby mama Raven." Dezi laughed while she sipped her tea. "And boyyyyy is she hating it."

"Shut up Dezi, it's not that... it's just Cornelius was the only man I ever loved and dealt with since the start of college, but besides that... is that Dre over there?" I said pointing to the bar.

I looked to Quinn and noticed her eyes widened, and the palm of her hands began to sweat. "You good love?" I said tapping, and she immediately began to down her drink.

"I definitely wasn't ready to run into him yet, like come on y'all, he was my Bestfriend, who was in love with me."

"That make the situation more better because, he loves you Quinn... always have and always will, you might need him back into your life." I said and pulled her up to walk over to him.

We made our way through the crowd and a smile began to approach my face while Quinn's still looked as if she shit on herself. I gripped her arm tightly to get her to loosen up.

"Hey can I buy this gentleman a drink." I say to the bartender as he nodded in agreement.

"Oh my fucking god ! Yeah right ! NAni...... Quinn..... Dezi, WHAT THE FUCK ! I must be dreaming." Cornelius shouted as he hugged each of us, but when he got to Quinn, it was slow and passionate.

"Man y'all definitely have some explaining to do." He said and grabbed a tray of drinks and walked us to his V.I.P table. We all sat and noticed a bunch of professional business people, some females but mostly handsome black men. "Ok, so who is daddy in the white suit?" Dezi said waiting for Dre response. "Oh that's my partner Josiah, he work with a different firm, but we always stay in contact."

"Yo Joe, come here real fast."

"Wassup bro, who are these beautiful ladies you are sitting with?" Josiah spoke looking at Quinn and I.

"Umm, this is my sister Dezi, and my two best friends, Nani and Quinn."

"Nice to meet you beautiful queens."

"Umm, wait... how about you sit with us." Dezi said make room for him in between her and myself. I looked to Quinn as her and Dre chatted up, and began to feel like a third wheel, so I just decided to get on my phone until I noticed Cornelius, Vance and Khalil walk through the door. My heart dropped, and I immediately began to search for a distraction. I began to tap Quinn to get her attention and before I knew it the boys was walking towards us.

"Hmm, looks like somebody is enjoying their self smiling in a nigga face." Vance said looking at Quinn, waiting for her reaction. "Excuse me ! You must be forgetting who tf you talking to..." Quinn said confused, sitting down her drink.

"Nah baby mama, I'm not no dummy..."

"You gotta be the way you talking to me, I ain't never been no groupie bitch so don't try me like I'm one."