2

Rosalie is 17
Damien is 24

Rosalie was sitting in his office. Damien was marking some papers. She always had her classes in his office. It was because he could keep an eye on her. When he took over the business he stopped her going to school and got her homeschooled. It was for her own safely

The private tutor was teaching Rosalie mathematics and she was getting frustrated. Rosalie was never good at maths but no one seemed to understand.

"Do you understand miss Jack's?" The tutor asked Rose after explaining the 5 times.

"I... I... I think I do" Rose muttered. She didn't want to get in trouble with Damien. The last time she did something wrong the teacher got annoyed and tried to scold her. Damien didn't like the fact that she scolded me and he got rid of her. And I got lectured thoroughly that day for not paying attention. It was a stressful and kinda scary day. Getting lectured from him is not a easy walk in the park.

Damien doesn't allow anyone to hurt me. Or raise their voice. His logic was, only he could hurt me. Only he could raise his voice. No one else can do that. They didn't have the right to.

"Miss Jack's that wouldn't do. Here I'll teach you again. " Her tutor was going to start again, the annoyance was evident in her voice.

They have been at it for almost 30 mins. It did annoy her tutor and she was trying to be patient for the sake of her life. She didn't want to face the wrath of the demon sitting in the office chair. She knew even though he looked busy, he was listening and aware of what was happening. The people in the house had already warned her. He might be doing anything but he will always pay attention to her -Rosa-. 'So be careful' they said. He was always tense when others were around Rosa. He was always on high alert. His only weakness.

"Enough for the day Ms. Richard." Just as the tutor was about to begin he stopped her. His voice was cold as the winter nights in Antarctica. "You may leave," he ordered her, even though he wasn't even looking, he seemed so threatening. She didn't think twice she took her things and stuffed them into the bag and walked out of the room before he changed his mind.

He got up slowly and walked over to His Rose.

Rosa wasn't scared but she wasn't comfortable either. She hated being in his office. She hated how he is when other people were there. She got to see how cold-hearted he is and it disturbed her. And that got her in trouble with him.

He sat next to her and looked at her. She peeked at him and looked down again quickly. She flushed a bit.

He was what most girls called hot. He had Greek god features. His eyes were grey. He had a small scar on his left eyebrow. His jaw looked deadly. He was handsomely dangerous.

"May I be excused, Damien?" She asked. She already knew the answer but she wanted to try anyway. He looked at her.

"No" he snapped at her. And continued, " why aren't you concentrating Rosalie?"

She looked down in her lap. She didn't know what to say what can she say. She was trying but she just didn't understand. Or it is awkward for her.

"Answer me, Rosalie!" He snapped after she was silent for a minute indicating she wasn't going to answer. She shook at the tone he used on her. Her tears were threatening to come out.

"I... I... I'm sorry-"

"Sorry is not going to solve everything, Rosalie. You need to concentrate!" He scolded.

"I'm trying," she said in a small voice.

"Try harder!" He snapped and got up. He had to calm down before he said something he would regret later. He always thought twice when it came to her. Only her.

Rosalie was looking down at her lap, her hair fell around her face hiding it. She couldn't stop the tears threatening to slip out.

She didn't want him to angry at her. She didn't like it all.

"Rosa I just want the best for you," he said calmly. "I don't want you to go ahead in life without having a proper education"

"Then let me go to high school, I don't like being home-" she stopped because he gave her one look that got her to stay silent.

Her mouth went dry with fright now.

"What have I told you about school!" He snapped.

He hated to think about what would happen to her if she ever went to high school. So much trouble might come after her. She is after all his

"I... I..."

"You nothing! I don't want to fucking hear about it again, I swear to god if I do Rose...." he looked murderously at her and walked back to his desk. "Don't fucking push it. You have already had everything you need right here"

He poured himself a shot of whiskey and drank it in one go. It helped him calm down, he didn't want to hurt her, and lately, she has been rebelling more. He tried to blame it on her age but still, it didn't help him much.

He didn't want to hurt her but the way things were going, with her trying to defy him... he will lose his cool sooner than later.

He closed his eyes and got back to work, leaving Rosa to sit and wonder what to do now. She wanted to go out of the office, she wanted to go out of the house, she wanted to have a normal life, but none of that is possible.

This time she just left the room not caring about getting in trouble, she not caring to take her books, or excusing herself, she just left.

Both of them were frustrated by their relationship.