Chapter 14: Bandaged Heart

Bethany's POV
This morning, I was called by Amy Purdy, my BFF. She told me that I am playing a special role at The Vampire Diaries. Of course, I can't say No to that. I'll be at Saskatchewan for 3 years. But I'm pretty sure it's worth it because they'll pay me $700,000,000 million in total. I need that cash so I can buy a house for me, Derek and Mila. But the bad thing is, I have to be separated from Derek and Mila and I'll probably have anxiety. As I was telling Derek the news, he freaked out! He really wants to come with me but I explained to him that if they eventually come, I'd barely have time for them.
Derek's POV
I cannot let Bethany go alone. I have to go with her!!! Especially because Nina (Yes, Nina Dobrev) is mad at her. What if Nina hurts her? What if Nina plans to kill her?!? I can't live without Bethany. She is the girl of my dreams. And I don't want Mila to eventually grow up and say "Papa, where's Mama?" I don't know what to answer her. Bethany can't go alone.. Will she come back? And when she does, will she know who I am? Will she know who Mila is? Will she like me anymore? NO! Ian Somerhalder is there. What if Bethany likes Ian more than me? I've been together with Bethany for 6 months only. I want her by my side everytime. I don't want to get away from Bethany. Never.

MORNING!! (Derek's POV)
I woke up with no Bethany on my side. I was freaking out! I saw a note on the table saying..
"Dear Derek,
Hi sweetie! Went to the airport already! My flight is at 12:00 noon. I'll miss you. I'll miss Mila. Love you Derek. Please don't forget me.
- xoxo Bethany"
What?! Okay..Okay. It's just 9:00. I can still go to the airport and bring Bethany back. I did my morning activities and went to the airport. I was finding Bethany. Then I figured why not find her at Starbucks? I went to Starbucks and BAM! I saw her there. I was holding Mila and went to Bethany.
D: B!
B: Derek? What are you doing here?
D: B, you gotta go home! Don't go to Saskatchewan anymore! Please!
B: I have to, Derek. Where else would we get money from?
D: I'll work somewhere at Louisiana!
B: No Derek. No.
D: Bethany you don't understand! I need you by my side everytime. I can't let you go.
B: But.. Derek..
Bethany started crying.
B: I-I... Need to..do this..
D: Why? Because you don't wanna see me anymore?
B: Derek no! I just need to do my best for us to earn money! We have a child!
D: do you want Mila to grow up and say "Papa where's Mama?" ?? I don't know what to answer her!
B: Then tell her I'm gone.
She burst into tears. I can't let her go.
D: No B. No. I'll find a way to keep us alive. Okay?
I kiss her forehead as she nods.
D: Stay here. Please.
B: I will.
My lips touched hers. I was like lost in paradise. We went home and unpacked her suitcase and we had a family bonding time. Bethany is the girl I've been waiting for in years. Now she's here. With me.