55

Oh my pretties... only one chapter left?
Let's get it, let's go!
Alex

As we pulled into the parking lot of Ivanov Corp, I noticed just how packed the visitor parking was

As we pulled into the parking lot of Ivanov Corp, I noticed just how packed the visitor parking was. The cars that occupied damn near ever space, looked beyond expensive. There were an abundance of high end vehicles, with a few limos parked in the front. A sign that read Valet Parking, was positioned towards the right side of the building, and it had a few other signs with arrows on them that directed us around the side of the building.

Sure enough, there was valet workers stationed at the side entrance, waiting on each car that pulled up. I felt goofy pulling my janky ass Prius up to this man who's name tag read Chad. He was incredibly sweet to us as Joan, Derek, and I all piled out of the car, and handed him my set of keys.

"Take good care of her." I joked with Chad. He gave me another polite smile before sliding into my drivers seat, and pulling the car into our underground parking.

Before we even made it into Ivanov Corp, you could hear the event. Music was flooded through the lobby of the building. There was a large fancy sign that read Welcome. A man was ready to greet us as soon as we made it to the doors of our convention center.

"Good evening Mr. Hamilton, Mr. Holding, and Ms. Delores. Please come with me right this way." He spoke, before opening up the main doors for us. When I did catch sight of the Gala room, I couldn't help but openly gape.

It. Was. Gorgeous.

There was white and gold decal everywhere. About 30 round tables were positioned throughout the room with cutlery and plates placed in correlation with each chair. Hundreds of guests were already seated, enjoying the catering and watching the live musical performance that was playing up front. I scanned the room, looking for Christian. Sure enough, his family was at the first table closest to the stage. I could only make out Christian because he was standing up behind someone else.

The man that had greeted us at the front, brought us over to Christian's table. When his family came into view, that was when I stopped dead in my tracks.

Next to Christian, was his mother and father, as well as Brad, John Terry, and Miles. There was also one other woman next to Christian. When realization settled in on who that was, the glass of water that was given to me by our escort, almost slipped through my fingers. Christian turned around to meet us.

"Alex." Christian smiled. I didn't smile back. Instead, I said the first few words that came to mind.

"What the wholesome complete fuck is she doing here?"

-

"Alex, please don't make a scene." Christian spoke as soon as he managed to pull me into the first office he could find.

"Make a scene, Christian? Are you fucking kidding me? You invited my fucking mother. This isn't even a scene, I promise you, I'll show you what the fuck a scene looks like."