The Investigation

"So this man has no relation with you," asked Blake walking back and forth, to and fro with his solemn look.

   "Ahh, I always don't like this sober appearance." murmured Mort to Kinsley who were both of them standing against the sides of the door entrance of the room piece, cross-armed.

   "No... err... I mean that we usually see him passing by the road near the garden and as I'm a great lover of nature, I often go to water the plants. Since that day I saw him gallivanting down the way hurriedly to go for work I think." the father paused for some seconds, looking at Blake, then sighed and resumed, "But suddenly he spotted me and stopped then greeted me. He told me that if my son, Rick, goes to the St Helen college. Then I ask how do you know this. He replied that her daughter goes to the same college and he saw me in the scholarship event. That's the last time I've seen him. Nothing more."

   "Well, thanks anyway." said Blake, leaving the place along with Mort and Kinsley behind, "Back to 115M Porter Street and we'll think about it," he announced.

Arriving 115M Porter Street, they opened the door, removed their coats and hats and hanged it on the stand then plodded upstairs, in the room.

   "D'you know Blake Edwards?" demanded Blake.

   "Yes and he's right in front of me in his armchair sitting cross-legged. It's you."

   "No, there's a 's' at the end of Edward, making it Edwards."

   "Dunno." said Mort, having a seat in the other armchair in front of Blake's before the small table, "Well, you're not gonna be a doppelganger or something like that."

   "No, The American filmmaker. He said, 'Nothing matters but the facts. Without them, the science of criminal investigation is nothing more than a guessing game.', we'll go through this." explained Blake, "Nowadays, having all sorts of crimes."

...