The Photograph Tells Something

"Nothing more, let's go, Mort," Blake said leaving the place and trudging down the stairs. 

Suddenly, he stopped and gaze at his right then when to the direction. There were a spick and span but very gloomy-looking and scarcely furnished log-built mantelpiece. On the mantlepiece, there were some photographs. Blake moved up and watched them, the straight brows pulled together. Mort joined him. There were four in total. 

One was modest and shoddy portraiture of a girl sitting on a huge saw-toothed rock and smiling, her short chocolate-brown hair swaying along with the wind. 

The other was a high-priced photo with a golden decorative frame. There was about a fourteen years old woman standing against an ocean-blue painted wall the same as the house of the murdered lady.         

The last one was a very old, now tarnished and jaundiced-looking.

The fourth was brand-new and still preserving its freshly taking scent like a newly-bought book. Both the lady and the girl with bulky pullovers and scarfs, their hands in their pullover pockets, the two grinning. There was a colossal Ferris wheel with diminutive dots of faces. 

   "Looks like a funfair," Mort stated. 

   "Blake studied the photo closely and watched the right bottom corner. Where there was something written half-covered by the frame, followed like this:

Blake grabbed it and took the picture out of the frame

Blake grabbed it and took the picture out of the frame. It was printed in the miniature thin font on the right-hand substructure a date: 10/21/20.

   "That's recent," said Blake.

   "I know this place," said Mort, "Looks like a place where I worked before on a criminal case."

   "You sure." 

   "Yeah, a young girl shot in the giant wheel." Mort said with interest, "Well, what was that place... errrrr...errmmm....grr..." Mort tried to think hard, "Yeah, Funland."