𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭, 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐢𝐭?

*at the quarry*

"Hey guys what's up?" Richie says as he walks over to Beverly and Bill. They both look up, surprised. "Hey trashmouth."  Beverly says.

They hung out. Bill and Beverly kept quiet about them spying on Richie and all went well. Afterwards Richie and Beverly walked to his place.

Richie was close with all of his friends but he was especially close with Beverly. They told each other everything. This is why Beverly has been so concerned about Richie.

He hasn't been telling her anything. And she feels like she has no one to talk to.

"So, what's up with you trashmouth? Since when have you ever been quiet?" She says teasing him. "Well..." he starts.

He didn't really know what to say or how to say it but he needs to tell her. "Beverly, I've known you since forever, and you can tell me literally everything, you know that right?" Richie says. "Of course." "Good". He bites his lip nervously.

"Can I tell you something?" He stops where he is and Beverly continues walking but then turns around to him. "Anything." She reply's.

"And you promise you won't tell anyone, not Bill, not Ben, Not any of the others." Richie says firmly which make Beverly worry. "I promise." 

He walks up to her so they are face to face. "I-I don't know what to do, Bev." He says quietly. "What is it Richie?" She says while placing a hand on his neck. "I feel so wrong and every time I think about it my head gets too heavy for my neck, it feels like I'm going insane." She bites her lip in fear about what he's going to say next.

The wind blows through the ginger and brunette curls of the boy and girl's hair. "I'm sorry Bev." He says looking down.

"Hey, whatever you did it's fine, we can fix it. Everything will be ok-" she says calmly.
"Yeah, but it's not about what I did, it's about who I am." His eyes are heavy and glistening in the street lights.

"Then Richie, I don't care. Be whoever you want to be as long as you're happy." She says softly, trying to make him feel comfortable. "But this is different. This is wrong." He clenches his eyes shut.

Beverly worry's about what it could possibly be. Did he kill someone? Did he try to kill himself? She wonders.

"I'm..." he says but then looks down. "Please don't be mad." She gives him a tiny sad smile and says "oh I could never."

"I think..." he starts. "Come on, trashmouth just say it." She says. Richies eyes fill up with tears. "I just don't want you to look at me differently. I'm still the same person." One tear rolls down his face. "Always." She smiles.

The street lights shine through the tears on his face. Beverly sees his tears and suddenly Richie feels so small. "I can't do it, I can't say it." He says. "Look at me, [richie looks up] Yes, you can. Whatever it is, I love you. You are still you, a wonderful, smart, funny, creative, asshole." They both giggle a little bit.

He inhales and exhales. "You got this." Beverly whispers.

"I'm.......gay." Tears stream down his face. He looks down in shame. Her face lightens up though. "Oh Richie." She starts to laugh a little. "I would never be mad at you, I would never." "You wouldn't?" He looks up at her.