𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧?

Do you ever feel as if you're watching everyone else and their stories but never really focusing on your own. Like living in a movie except you aren't really the main character. Like your only purpose is to support the main characters.

Support the rich. Support the talented. Support the beautiful. Support the smart.

But what if you are none of those things. Your job is to support yet never be supported. If you don't support, what even are you?

A background character. A character with no meaning.

I think everyone kinda feels like that from time to time.

Well right now Richie was sitting outside the principals office waiting for his mom to come to the school and talk to him.

Right now Eddie is sitting in class drawing on the side of his notebook and not paying attention to facts about Hamilton

Right now Katie is faking sick to stay home from school because she didn't study for a test.

Right now Beverly and Stan are talking to the counselor about what happened with the fight.

Everyone is doing something. Even if some of those things are negative, everyone has a mission.

"Please, have a seat." The principal says as Maggie Tozier and her son walk in.

Richie has a seat in the chair in front of the desk. So does his mom. This doesn't usually happen with Richie. Usually Henry gets pulled in for hitting Richie and Maggie gets a call about it and comes picks him up. But this time it was on Richie. At least that's what it appears to be.

"So Mr. Tozier would you like to tell your mother what you did today?" The principal said. Richie always thought the principal was okay. I mean he wasn't like the best but he was okay at his job I guess.

Richie sits in silence and stares down. His mom looks at him. "Do you want to tell her or should I?" The principal threatens.

Richie rolls his eyes. "I'll tell you what I did. Henry Bowers made fun of me in front of the entire school calling me a schizo and a fairy and then I saw no one in charge give a single fuck so I took matters into my own hands and beat the shit out of him." He says and then leans back and slumps in his chair.

"Richie? Seriously?" His mom looks at him and then back at the principal. "He almost broke a child's nose." The principal says. "What?"

Maggie never ever thought of her son as harmful. He's always been the one to get beat up. "No ones pressing charges but your son will have after school detention for 2 week and he has to see the counselor during study hall." He says.

Richies eyes go up as he realizes if he does after school detention that means he can't see Eddie after school.

"What? No, this isn't fair." He yells. Maggie looks out the window at the birds and takes a breath. "I'm sorry, but Richie already has group on Tuesdays and sees his therapist on occasions. Is there any other punishments he could do?" His mom asks. "Well he would still have to see the counselor but if not two weeks of detention then a week of suspension." Richie nods. As long as he keeps getting to see Eddie after school, that's all that matters.