𝐘𝐞𝐩, 𝐢 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐦

Eddie and Richie lay in the bed. Little bit of light was coming in from the window. It was completely silent. Eddie was holding his breath without even realizing it because he was afraid to make a sound.
He's never slept over at a boys house before. He could feel Richies body heat. Richie was wide awake as well but both of them were too scared to check if the other one was asleep.

"Hey Ed's?" Richie says.

"Yeah?"

Richie thinks again about what he's going to say. He forgets. 'Should I tell him?' He thinks.

"Have you ever been in love?"
As soon as Richie says it, he regrets asking. 'What the fuck is wrong with me' he thinks.

Eddie thinks hard. The person he thinks he is in love with is asking if he has ever been in love. Perfect. That's great. So fucking great. Eddie panics. Not knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry. That's a weird question." Richie says.

"No it's fine. I just don't know how to answer it." Eddie says back.

"Me neither. I don't know why I asked." Eddie smiles. There is a long silence. Richie stares at the ceiling. Eddie looks at Richie and then at the ceiling. Richie doesn't notice though.

"I think I've been in love."
Eddie says. "But it's difficult." Eddie places his hands on his stomach area. Even though Richies bed was comfortable it felt like a rock to the two boys.

"I think I might be in love." Richie says.
Eddie gets jealous. He closes his eyes and thinks about how he will always be alone. "With who?" Eddie asks. Richie can't tell Eddie that he's in love with him. Shit. "You don't know them." Richie says.

Eddie sighs. "But it still feels wrong. Even though I told someone and it's okay. It still feels like I shouldn't be in love with this person." Richie says. "Why?" Eddie turns to face Richie and Richie does the same. They make eye contact. "I don't know. My brains are kinda mush right now." They both laugh. "Yeah, Henry beat the shit outta you." They both laugh.

Once their laughs fade out they stare at each other. Eddie sees things he's hasn't noticed before. Like how Richies eyes have an amber undertone and his lips always seem to be just a little bit chapped. Richie just sees the same beauty he always sees. Eddie freckles spread across his button nose, and his beautiful Honey eyes.

"Goodnight, Rich." Richie smiles. "Goodnight Honey boy." They both turn around and close their eyes, each thinking about the other.

*morning*

Richies POV

My eyes flutter open and light hits them. I see my small shelf and all of the comics on it. I turn around expecting to see Eddie but nothing. There was no one there. I sit up and my head is pounding. My arm felt a little bit better but everywhere was sore.

I can't remember much from last night. Eddie slept over. But I can't remember exactly what happened. The word love spun around in circles in my brain.

I get up and walk out of my room. Maybe Eddie just went downstairs to help himself to some breakfast. I walk down the stairs very slowly. Everything hurts.