𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞

Not sure if this is a trigger warning but this chapter talks about drugs and alcohol through out. Love you.

Richies POV

Getting later every second. That's kinda how it works. I never really thought about it. Once a second is gone,

It's gone.

Forever.

And there's absolutely nothing you, anyone, or anything can do about it.

And you'd think, after I realized that, I would start cherishing moments more. Because 'every second counts' but really it just was fucking depressing.

Every good thing that ever happens, I can't seem to enjoy because the thought still roams that I will never have this moment back.

That's the way I'm feeling right now. One day, this will simply be a story. And that makes me sad. I don't want this to ever end.

I don't want it to stop.

I don't ever want to stop staring into his eyes as he stares back into mine. With the wind blowing in our hair and the moonlight peeking through the clouds.

The sand between my toes and the blanket beneath my body. It's so fucking perfect. And it's like the more perfect it is, the sadder the memory becomes.

"We should probably get going Rich. It's getting late." He says. I wanna kiss him so badly right now. I try to hold back on kissing him. Otherwise he'd be smothered. But I don't know.

I feel like I wanna go slow but at the same time all I can think about is his lips on mine.

"Yeah, eds. Are you going home? Because you know, you could-" "yes. I mean, I would very much like to stay over." Oh my god. Thank you Jesus.

I just kinda picked up my room and I think maybe my mom cleaned my sheets. But my mom is probably gonna be downstairs watching her stupid weird show.

"Welp, as much as I like laying under the stars on an empty beach with you. Let's get going." I say trying to sound like I'm not shitting bricks.

I try not to act stupid around Eddie.

He grabs his ukulele and strings it over his back while I pack up all of my stuff in my bag and throw it over my shoulders. We both are walking side each other. Made it out of the beach, I see that we're tracking sand all over the grass. Make sure to lock it up. I put the key in lock and turn it, locking up.

We ride home beside each other on our bikes. Moments like these are the ones that keep me going. The moments that aren't so perfect, so you don't think about missing them. In fact are a little stupid. Like playing ping pong with your best friends or watching cartoons with your mom.

Or riding your bike down a foggy street side by side.

It feels like slow motion. But not to me.

Like if this were a movie. This scene right now. It would be in slow motion. I don't know why.

We get to my house and pull in. We throw our bikes into the grass. I can hear them both hit the ground.

Eddie innocently standing over them is sending me.

We both walk up the porch and stairs and up to the door. I flip bag over so I can reach and grab my keys. But I dig in the pocket and feel nothing there.