Chapter Eight - The beginning of six months of the purity cleanse

It was the third night after the marriage. Jess sat in her chambers and watched the clock. Chloe had been called to visit Jabez after dinner in the large hall. Now it was midnight and she still had not returned.

Last night Jabez had left Chloe in their quarters and taken an older wife to his bed. The matron explained that he wanted to let Chloe rest and heal after the stress of the wedding day, and night. Chloe and Jess had giggled for hours, talking and remembering their lives when they were growing up in Abner's home. They had jumped around their chambers acting excited over the things that had been placed there, like clothes, shoes and lingerie. They played dress-ups and modelled the things they found including the sexy lace underwear that made them laugh and blush at the same time. Jess finally felt like they were connected as sisters, but now Jess was sitting in the room alone. She wasn't sure whether to be worried or jealous about the length of time that Chloe had been gone. If Jabez was mistreating Chloe, should she do something? What could she even do? Now that the marriage had been consummated, the matrons were no longer expected to watch events unfold and a husband could reveal his true nature and intentions to his wife.

Yesterday, when Jabez took another wife to his room, she felt relief. The other wives were not overly friendly, most were guarded and did not want to speak with her or Chloe. The only interaction she had with the other wives was seeing them at breakfast and dinner as they entered the large hall. Yet now her feelings of relief were changing to confusion. After all, she thought Jabez wanted her first and foremost, so why was he taking Chloe to his chambers alone and for such a long time? She also thought that as a main wife, sexual acts would be performed with her in attendance, but instead she found herself alone and wondering what was going on. She got up from the sofa and put the kettle on. Considering her mother often did not return from Abner's chambers until the morning, she thought she should probably go to bed and interrogate Chloe in the morning.

As she drank her tea, it was hard to stop the feelings that kept rising in her. Annoyance, jealously, shame, fear and especially desire. It was frustrating her that she had to wait six months to be invited into her husband's bed. Mainly because each day, all she thought about was Adriel and his touch. Jess thought that if her husband took her, she might gain some release from her continued lust over Adriel. She needed to get him out of her head and this waiting period was only going to make things worse. She felt the hot flush of desire between her legs as she thought about the places Adriel had touched her. As she lay in her bed, she allowed her hands to wander to places that indulged her fantasy and gave her release. She stroked herself gently at first, thinking about Adriel's gentle touch as he caressed her back and the marks her father made, but soon she became more intense and urgent in her movements. She rubbed harder as she remembered his hands on her body and his soft kisses with the sharp stubble that cut her soft skin. She remembered how he tried to penetrate her and cried out as she fantasised about him succeeding and entering her with his entire length. She stroked herself harder and faster, crying out with each wave of pleasure as it swept over her.

In the morning, Chloe was still asleep when Jess came back from breakfast. She brought her some pastries and extra coffee in case she was hungry. When Chloe woke up, she didn't want to talk to Jess about the night before.

"It is between a husband and wife" Chloe said piously, wrinkling her nose at Jess. Jess felt angrier than ever.

"I am also his wife" she insisted "and as a seed wife, you answer to me."

"You are only wife in name. I am a consummated wife, and until you finish the cleanse, you have no power over me" Chloe said flippantly to Jess and went back to her room to continue going through the large wardrobe of clothes in her room. Jess hated this strange change of power. She stormed into Chloe's room.