22. spending the night

"so you're boyfriend and girlfriend?" bella asked from her position on lola's kitchen countertop.

still in her leotard and skirt, lola rolled her eyes at her friend, pulling her hair out of the bun it was in.

"so this is why i came home to you waiting outside of my front door."

"this is important!" bella threw her hands up in mock defence, kicking her legs back and forth with a devilish grin. "so you are boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"well." lola sighed in consideration. "not really because we haven't said that we are - but do we even need to say that we are?"

"lola." bella deadpanned. "he spends like - every night at your house. it's been a week since that film night and you guys spent pretty much the entirety of it together, he only left yesterday because he's non-stop training for his match tonight. that's probably more time than michael and i spend together-"

"that's a lie you practically live in his bed! when's the last time you saw the inside of your own apartment?" bella let out a splutter of laughter at the truth of lola's comment and nodded in acceptance.

"yeah okay, that's true."

lola gave her a pointed look, the edges of her lips pulled into a grin as she flicked on the kettle, before stretching her back out once again.

"but boxer boy has a match tonight."

lola nodded. "he does indeed."

"and then he has a special appointment on your bathroom counter, then in your bed." bella teased, stretching her foot out and poking lola's leg with it, eliciting a gasp of protest.

"he might come back here."

"he obviously will." bella countered. "and then you'll have the sex of a lifetime."

"we haven't actually - yet." lola had no idea why she felt so shy admitting that her and luke hadn't had sex yet - but the look of shock in bella's eyes made her blush a bright red.

"you haven't? i was sure you had and you just hadn't told me?"

"i mean -" lola felt like an embarrassed teenager as she struggled to get her words out. "we were going to at one point, but we didn't have any condoms."

bella nodded in understanding, continuing to swing her legs idly back and forth.

"have you guys done anything?"

"well-" god my face is actually on fire. "you know we've done stuff, just not sex. not yet."

"but you want to?"

"god yes."

bella laughed, pulling her bag slightly closer towards her before rifling through it as lola stirred their tea. she finally found what she'd been looking for and launched a line of condoms at lola's head, missing and watching as they landed on the kitchen counter.

"jesus bella!"

"they're a gift for later." bella winked clumsily. "all you have to do in return is tell me every single gory detail."

"deal." lola laughed, picking up the condoms and placing them in the drawer of her beside table.

"speaking of gory details." bella took a sip from her tea, her entire face scrunching up at the temperature. "i want to know everything else that you hormonal teens have done."

lola rolled her eyes as she led them over to her couch, pulling her legs up so she was curled up facing bella.

"well." she bit down on her lower lip, feeling a smile start to spread across her face at the thought of luke. "we've gone down on each other."